Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

[Help] Problem with a 50mW Green Laser

Hey, i've been in this exactly situation when i bought my 50mW green from O-like, I tried to charge and discharge the batteries that came with it (some Blue ultrafire ones) but nothing happened.
Then i bought some Sanyo 2600Mah cells, and it worked perfectly :] My recomendation is to try to get a quality cell and test it out, if it doesn't work, just contact Lazerer company ;)

Good luck, hope helped.

Thanks for your comment
I think it's a good idea to at least try it, so I think I'm gonna buy a good battery.
I'm using the CHEAP charger that came with the battery, but I think I'll not need to change it.

Edit: Please, can anyone help me to find a good battery for my laser? It says that it needs a 16340 at 3.7v but I don't know which should I buy.

Last edited:

1) Lighthound.com for batteries.

2) If you're getting IR out but no GREEN light, batteries won't help.

1) Lighthound.com for batteries.

2) If you're getting IR out but no GREEN light, batteries won't help.

Oh well, I've been there, and they helped, but technically, u might be right, i think its worth trying out.

What happens is the IR heats up the crystals, it will continue to lase fine until turned off, and then will not initiate lasing again until the crystals return to normal temperature, which takes a while.

My 473nm Labby does the same thing (not no output but severely reduced ouput) if I power cycle it after a long run time.

It should be fine, just stick to a shorter duty cycle or increase the off time between sessions.

I have a 150-200 mW green that behaves sort of like that. Actually if I don't use it for a long time it will initially start with reduced output then come up to full brightness once it's warmed up. I also have a 50-100 mW green that will always start off at full brilliance and then gradually start to dim after it runs for more than a minute and it keeps getting progressively dimmer till its almost as dim as my 5 mW green. If I let it sit for a few minutes and cycle it on it will be back up to full again. Contrast this with my red's which start and run at the same level of brightness. As expected the green DPSS lasers are more finicky.

I have a 150-200 mW green that behaves sort of like that. Actually if I don't use it for a long time it will initially start with reduced output then come up to full brightness once it's warmed up. I also have a 50-100 mW green that will always start off at full brilliance and then gradually start to dim after it runs for more than a minute and it keeps getting progressively dimmer till its almost as dim as my 5 mW green. If I let it sit for a few minutes and cycle it on it will be back up to full again. Contrast this with my red's which start and run at the same level of brightness. As expected the green DPSS lasers are more finicky.

But it happens every moment now, and with the same intensity.

I've sent a Return request on the 14 of january and nothing. I've started another one on the 1 of febraury and I still have no answer. I'm starting to think that I'll never get a refund because if they answer, they will say "it's out of warranty", and I've just wasted 40€.
Everything I've read before about lazerer was very good, and I don't want to be the first saying bad things about them, but maybe I will...

I think no one here can help me, but maybe someone can contact to Max.

Thanks.

Lazerer was on vacation from Jan 14th through Feb 2nd. They probably won't get to emails for another day or so due to the huge backlog. Why is it people keep missing this information - there were a ton of threads/posts about them being away for Chinese New Year vacation.

Lazerer was on vacation from Jan 14th through Feb 2nd. They probably won't get to emails for another day or so due to the huge backlog. Why is it people keep missing this information - there were a ton of threads/posts about them being away for Chinese New Year vacation.

Ok, I'll wait longer. I Hope my problem will have a good ending.

Thanks for your support.

Last edited:

saypat

Yeah, that's the IR, don't repeat that again, hehe, REALLY bad for your eyes.

Since the pump diode and driver are fine and you can't see the IR (thus it isn't the 808 pump) what appears to have happened is the non-linear crystal has been either damaged or disloged. Most likely dislodged.

Noob here. I push the button and the laser goes on. It has (2) AAA batteries in it. And you're telling me:

IR - dangerous ?
pump diode ?
808 pump?
driver ?
non-linear crystal ? dislodged ?

I think I'll just use my $20 Super Overspec until it dies and then call it quits. None of this is simple :cryyy:

Noob here. I push the button and the laser goes on. It has (2) AAA batteries in it. And you're telling me:

IR - dangerous ?
pump diode ?
808 pump?
driver ?
non-linear crystal ? dislodged ?

I think I'll just use my $20 Super Overspec until it dies and then call it quits. None of this is simple :cryyy:

IR: Infrared light. Its dangerous because you don't see it and you don't know where/ what direction it is emitted.

808nm Pump: The diodes used in green lasers

Driver: It makes sure the laser doesn't burn out and it is kept at a constant power

Crystal: the crystal take 808nm, make it 1064nm, then half that into 532nm aka green light. In layman's terms it takes IR and makes it green. But they aren't 100% efficient, thus the IR light from green lasers.

If you're worried about IR, get an IR filter for you laser.

My 50mw laser Developt the same Kinda problem after I wired 3 more AAA Batteries but Most of the time it wont switch on however sometimes it just randomly turns on when I press the swtch hard for a long time and gives about 10mw output