Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Help please, need a ~45-90 degrees round laser beam, how should I go about it?

Traz

I need something like this below:
Normal laser I
Direction ^
My laser V

I guess I will need some kind of lens, I was wondering though, normal laser pointers have a diode, with a lens to make the beam focused in a line, or is that not right, do I not need that lens? Well anyways what kind of lens will I need to spread the beam like that? Thanks

Philipnzw

All you need to do is to defocus the laser pointer by twisting the lens. As simple as that.

Traz

All you need to do is to defocus the laser pointer by twisting the lens. As simple as that.
Like a flashlight? What kind of lens is there in a laser pointer that will let me defocus it? I don't have any laser pointer at the moment. It needs to have a 45-90 degree angle pretty quickly and close by, not in 20 or 100 meters.

Hi,
Go back to the welcome section and tell us a little about yourself, we at LPF like that so we can get to know you and just maybe some of the fine folks here will be more willing to help. Its just right and proper etiquette here on this forum.
Rich:)

Traz

Hi,
Go back to the welcome section and tell us a little about yourself, we at LPF like that so we can get to know you and just maybe some of the fine folks here will be more willing to help. Its just right and proper etiquette here on this forum.
Not much to tell, I was more active on this website many years ago when I wanted to buy a laserpointer, but I can't find the account, anyways now I just am thinking about making a laser pointer with a spread beam around the angles I mentioned, I figured it was a simple question and someone could quickly help answer it but apparently I have to spend time researching it for myself. Too bad people don't share knowledge.

Hi,
Its not that the the folks here dont want to share, they are all great members and are always willing to help.
I just stated it would be nice for a welcome intro thread first , Many smart people and intelligent folks here that been helping others with issues for years. I wasn't coming across in a bad way either its just how we like to do things around here. Just being polite..
Well anyway welcome to Lpf enjoy and be safe always. Dont forget your safety glasses ..