Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Help on choosing reliable and trustworthy lasers

Hi, I am new to this forum and wanted to ask what kind of laser should I get and if you have an idea please post a link to the website. I am looking for a green laser that is capable of burning objects.
With Luv,
LaserGuy69:wave:

Welcome to the forums LaserGuy69!

Before getting such a laser you'll need laser safety goggles. I'm on my phone right now but take a look around the forums at Eagle Pair safety goggles. Pretty cheap and work well! :)

-Alex

Hi,
Hap is correct glasses first for safe viewing. Go to Survival Lasers they have the right glasses you need. Get them first and then your laser. A 520nm laser is what your looking for. Maybe Hap can direct you to your first laser. I myself build my own so i wouldn't be to much help at a reputable deal to choose from. i like building lasers and not just buying them unless it's a really exotic WL.

Rich:)

Thank you for the concern, but I came to ask for a laser and not glasses. I have already taken proper precaution so I do not hurt my seeing balls.

Hi LaserGuy69 :wave:

Welcome to the forum.
I have many green lasers for sale, please check your PM's

GSS

Thank you for the concern, but I came to ask for a laser and not glasses. I have already taken proper precaution so I do not hurt my seeing balls.
Your another one of those arent you. Again who are you for real?

Last edited:
What kind of glasses did you buy, I have found the eagle pair have better visibility and better protection.

Yes that is true I don't understand why hap is upset about the fact that I came here for help on a laser not glasses

Yes that is true I don't understand why hap is upset about the fact that I came here for help on a laser not glasses

These is no need to pick on Hap, he just want's to make sure you have good safety glasses.

Think about it, if you knew all about safety glasses you should know all about lasers too, some people actually think sunglasses are sufficient, but that is incorrect.

Hap would like to know as would I just what kind of glasses you have?

Did you know that green dpss lasers use an 808nm pump diodes that's 500% the final output and a 2 part crystal, the 1st half converts 808nm to 1064nm, the 2nd half that's bonded to the first doubles 1064nm to 532nm.

That's right 532nm is actually the higher frequency, twice that of 1064nm because that is the distance between waves.

In short simply having safety glasses that attenuate 532nm may not be enough if your dpss laser produces any IR laser leakage.

Now if you were to use a 520nm direct laser you would not have any IR leakage.

So do you have safety glasses that center on 520nm or 532nm?

Do you have IR filters to wear under/over your glasses? Are they certified?

You may find this hard to believe, but some people lie about having safety glasses.

Last edited: