Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Help new laser fried?

So I just got my new laser from Ledshoppe, 50 mw green and Instead of using a 18650 battery that I was supposed to use, I used 2 16340 batteries like an idiot. So the laser worked for about 3 min, then died unexpectedly. I thought it was just the batteries so I charged them for like 30 min and tried again, and still no luck. What I'm trying to figure out is, did I fry/break my laser already by using the wrong batteries? Or is the laser just defective? Thanks.

Last edited:

your laser is more than likely fired.. The first thing you do when you get a laser before switching it on is to make doubly sure what power source goes in it

Last edited:
Mistake #1 was buying anything from LED Shippe. Mistake #2 was using too many batteries. The final
blow was runining it for more than 30 seconds.

:oops:

There are people on here who can fix it for you, though, myself being one of them.

Mistake #1 was buying anything from LED Shippe. Mistake #2 was using too many batteries. The final
blow was runining it for more than 30 seconds.

:oops:

There are people on here who can fix it for you, though, myself being one of them.

I agree with both of those things but actually I was surprised for the 30 seconds that it worked, pretty nice beam in lit room. Not a bad laser, I just screwed it up.
Also how much for repair?

Last edited:
Sorry, now I realize that is a 303 style host. They are very difficult to disassemble. Probably not worth
fixing

upaa27

More than likely fried those batteries may have been putting out a bit more than the laser could handle

Sorry, now I realize that is a 303 style host. They are very difficult to disassemble. Probably not worth
fixing

They're really easy to disassemble actually. Just unscrew the bottom, remove the foam with tweezers or a screwdriver, press the module out, and unscrew the lens assembly to fully remove the module and driver.

I'm not sure how it could be fixed though without replacing something.

Last edited: