Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

help me i broke the pins on my blu-ray diode

JLSE

Do you use a wet sponge and a can of paste when you solder? Those items can make all of the difference in the world, oh yeah and a super clean tip. You could also try using the wire you are going to solder to the broken pin. First gently scratch the pin on the diode to clean it up. Dip your wire into the paste and tin it. Do the same with the solder iron, but wipe the iron on the wet sponge. You should have a nice shiney tinned tip. Melt a little extra solder on the wire, keep the wire nice and hot. Dont touch the broken pin with the iron, but rather use the hot wire and place it on the nub. A higher temp and less contact time should work to your advantage. Dont put any stress on the wire, solder the other lead, and crazyglue the wire skins together for support.

JLSE

Just remember to allow the diode to fully cool between attempts clamp it in metal to help. And when the tip of the solder iron starts to turn from silver to a bluish colour, its time to wipe it on the sponge. The less silver in colour means it wont pass the heat as fast and is easy to overkill. Clean it and use it right away, and clean again when done. If you treat your tips right, they wont fail you when they are most needed ;)

C

carulli

Thank you rog and wannaburn so so much i hav repaied my leaser diode and all i have to do is set the pot, any tips on that. ;D

C

carulli

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees i got my bluray to work thank you so much for your help, but is it normail to have a green/yellow square around the dot?

I second his method, I did the same thing the other week, works great, but you really need to glue it with some sort of epoxy to prevent the newly soldered "pin" from breaking off again....

also, don't sell something like this, as it's likely to die from shock or something oneday diconnecting/connecting it creating bursts of power