Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Help getting a laser pointer

bruny06

Hi all,

This is my first post on this forum, so, sorry if I seem ignorant about lasers. I'm trying to find a laser pointer that is eye safe. I had a look at Sanwu's Pocket Lasers, and I quite like the build quality and the way they look. There is one problem, however. It seems like the lowest output power you can get them, is 50mW, and given that I'd like Cyan, the minimum is 60mW, which isn't quite eye safe. I noticed that they use 3.7V 10440 batteries, though, and I was wondering if I used a 1.2V Nimh battery, would I get a lower output that hopefully won't blind anyone? I'd use the laser to point at stuff (obviously), play with cats, and occasionally pointing at stars, so, it would be good if it could have some power, but not enough to blind anyone, as I don't want that "blood" on my hands.

here is a good deal--waiting is a mistake

everything is priced right.. you need that eye ware..

the LPM is a super deal

Last edited:

AquaticHarpy

Would lasic lasers be technically eye safe? Lasers are eye safe under the right circumstances. Such as.. hm, I guess if it's eye safe they don't call it a laser you win

Would lasic lasers be technically eye safe? Lasers are eye safe under the right circumstances. Such as.. hm, I guess if it's eye safe they don't call it a laser you win

This is semantics on your part.
You know exactly what Les was referring to.
Obviously the OP doesn't want to lug around a LASIK machine.
And FYI, I've had LASIK surgery done on both eyes and there's a reason they get you to read and sign an agreement form outlining the dangers of the surgery.

RB

ever seen the sun set something on fire (or smoke)??
a lens is needed
our eyes have a lens too
so even a very low power laser can be magnified by that lens. (in theory)

Quite rare- it happened at Burning Man -- in 2015

______________________---
____________________--

green laser cost a BM volunteer Ranger (a lady) the use of one eye and some damage to her 'good' eye.
AFAIK they never 'caught' the guy with th green laser. She and other BM Rangers were looking for him so they were looking hard at the laser-& he was aiming at 'eye level' --worst - way.
A very real 'perfect storm' thing
?want more info? see link in my sig..LPS.com
or my tutorial on Laser Safety Officer training

Last edited: