Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

help for my laser. o.0  :-?

Hi,

My dragon 75mW arrived this week. When I bind it the brightness goes growing during one 2 seconds. The times of the blinked one

this is normal?
t never I am on more than 7 seconds.
My batteries is brand new

two clips.

Tanks

Attachments

• s3010054.avi
    4.3 MB · Views: 47
Reactions: ARG

T

timelord

Re: help for my laser. o.0  :-?

I'm unable to view your video clip for some reason do you have it in another format maybe it's just avi's messing about, but i don't normally have trouble viewing them...

Yeah, sorry dude. I am having the same problem with it not loading the video. :(

K

kingzilla

Your question is little hard to understand. Could you clarify? The video works fine for me.... :-?

S

SenKat

Okay - I watched the video, and it looks to me that the laser is trying to warm up - and what you are seeing is the peak power output. Leave it on for a little longer, and see if that makes a difference. Try it at 30-45 seconds, film it, and repost if you can, please....

T

timelord

I've not seen the vid but at a guess it could also be a mode issue.

The clip its works for me,

it looks at the video, the brightness increases as the time.
certain would be to soon have total brightness in the beginning ?

SenKat said:
Okay - I watched the video, and it looks to me that the laser is trying to warm up - and what you are seeing is the peak power output. Leave it on for a little longer, and see if that makes a difference. Try it at 30-45 seconds, film it, and repost if you can, please....

more between 30 and 40s can burn the laser?

S

SenKat

No - Dragon is very cautious when putting "time limits" on the power cycle for their lasers....I would personally reccomend a 60/10 duty cycle....60 seconds on, and 10 seconds off to cool down. If you notice the laser head getting too warm, then reduce the times, but others have run theirs for minutes on end without any issues....

hmmm... very good

More it will be that it is normal to increase the brightness alone with the time?

S

SenKat

Almost all lasers will increase and decrease in power and brightness. SOME of that is normal behavior. Most of the time, it would be barely noticable, but if it is constant, and very obvious, then there could be a problems wit hthe laser - possibly a short of some sort, or bad electronics, or maybe even the diode is having issues or some sort. Post a longer video, with longer run times, maybe we can help....

The brightness alone varies in the 3 first seconds, later it is stable.
I found stranger varies strong in the beginning.

More I find that it is all good. Debtor to all for the help. Later I dispatched by post photos and videos.

DL rates their lasers at 10 to 35 Degrees C. With cold weather here, I carry mine in my shirt pocket to keep it warm. I have had no problems with my dragon since I got it a month ago. My other laser pointers also need some warmth to get stable.

Mike

S

SenKat

Yes - I can definitely tell the difference when my lasers are cold - they can be very dim...the Aries 175 I have (awesome, by the way) works best when you open the aperature, too....just a little note to all to remind you of that fact ! I thought I had broken the darned thing the other day....but was relieved to find out I was just in a hurry, and hadn't opened the aperature to let the light out ! (DOH!)

L

laser

senkat, whats that laser that you have that takes a few seconds to turn on? i saw a video of you pressing the button, then walking away...a few seconds later, it turned on. what laser is that?

Sniper

laser said:
senkat, whats that laser that you have that takes a few seconds to turn on? i saw a video of you pressing the button, then walking away...a few seconds later, it turned on. what laser is that?

I am pretty sure that, that was not SenKat but Wingstring and his Herc but i may be wrong?