Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Help finding my mw

Should I not continue to use my laser until I get safety goggles? Also many websites say if your careful you don’t need safety glasses for 40 mw and below? Could there be any permanent damage to my eyes already done? Kinda got me worried :/

It's definitely recommended... Those sites are extremely wrong to say that. But as long as you can see like you could before you had a laser, I think you're fine 😜 just be careful!!!

Gazen

Do most laser 303s come with glass or acrylic lenses I’m looking at mine right now and it has glass. If most 303s do come with acrylic it could be a sign that I really do have something higher quality than the standard 303 which is why it costs so much. Thanks for the warning about the duty cycle especially with the fact that you don’t have to hold down a button constantly to keep those on. Also random question: you know of anywhere I can get a light saber attachment for my 303 (if I am not able to return it that would be a nice add on). Thx :)

This lightsaber from sanwu will work if you get the adapter.
https://www.sanwulasers.org/product/saber

Also, please combine the two posts you made using the edit button.

Last edited:
Thanks I will check out sanwu now! I just assumed it was glass because it had properties of glass and looked for like glass an acrylic don’t know for sure though. :)

Is it the M9 0.5 adapater? Also will the light saber work very well since I have a 405 which is not very visible to the human eye

Actually, acrylic lenses are used in lasers up to 400 mW and won't melt. Those gattling style hosts look cool in the photos but they are tiny cheap aluminum hosts that can't sink heat well at all. I won't own one even if it were given to me free of charge. If I were you, I'd reconsider the gattling. Especially for a 1 watt laser. It won't be a good fit, I assure you.

Last edited:
Paul, you are one of my top favorite members on here lolol this is the guy to ask anything you need to know about light amplification by stimulated emission of radiation ;p ^^

:crackup: Thank you, laserdreads. I try to be as helpful as I possibly can be, but I am not the only person here that knows about lasers. In fact, depending on the particular laser involved there are members here that know more than I do by far. I continue to learn more every day. I am working now on trying to know as much as possible about solid state lasers.

Encap

I love this hobby, it’s the only hobby that doesn’t require extensive time or knowledge just pure fun.

What's wrong with this picture? How old are you?
That is something only a little kid would think to say.

Last edited:
Reactions: GSS
I just found out that if you ground the case pin to the ground on a Nano Boost driver and use the red and black wires to connect to the contact board, it will cause all kinds of strange problems with the diode decreasing in power and cut out and sometimes start cutting on and off. Never saw that before, but it is a real problem that everyone who uses this driver needs to know about.

This was using the new 490nm diodes.

Last edited:
What's wrong with this picture?

Good lasers are expensive af and it takes I'd say a minimum of a few months of studying AT LEAST before you consider picking up a class IIIB or 4 laser lol it's nothing but research and time and safety! I mean, definitely a fun hobby, but you HAVE to be responsible about it. I've put years of dedication into these beautiful machines and I still learn new things almost daily!

Re: Best mw for the buck?

Also not open to Sanwu lasers because it costs 18$ for a 303 design laser but only 100mw plus I have to add on batteries which comes out to 40$ for only 100mw.

Encap

Double posting is very frowned upon on LPF---use the edit button and combine the posts.

GSS

Yes, I have learned to not fall for those cheap sites. I love this hobby, it’s the only hobby that doesn’t require extensive time or knowledge just pure fun. Do you think safety glasses would be a must with my current laser? I’ve done quite a bit of burning tests already with it, should I be worried? Thanks for the advice, I totally agree I get angry too when a few stupid kids shine there laser at a plane and then the states ban lasers over 100 mw. (I read an article on this forgot what state it was). I am hoping to either buy a Sanwu pocket laser or one of the Blue Gatling gun 1 watt lasers off eBay because other members have said those are close to there listing wattage. Thanks for all your help :)
Thors, gattling guns type's will be close to advertised spec's and make sure they have the glass lens..
YES GET SAFETY GLASSES you shouldn't even be asking if you need them if you are the laser lover that you claim, as I cringe something fierce when someone always asks:tsk:
At least get a pair of "red lensed" for blue and green laser's..With out the carry case you can get them for $2.

Last edited:

Maybe save more, or get a 303 for now and get something better later?

edit: I merged your threads together as they are both asking for the same kind of advice.

Last edited:

Encap

Maybe save more, or get a 303 for now and get something better later?

edit: I merged your threads together as they are both asking for the same kind of advice.[/QUOTE}

Good advice

1) ------
Thanks! Those blue 50$ 1 Watt lasers seem closer to the actual wattage listed I think I will purchase one of those. I am a sucker for the Gatling gun design. I also wrote a review on the scam website warning other possible buyers before purchasing that laser lol. Hopefully I can get a refund :) thanks

Gotta make sure to do ya homework before purchasing lasers just based on the listed wattage. That business is making a killing scamming people like that with 100% margins.
2) ------
Do most laser 303s come with glass or acrylic lenses I’m looking at mine right now and it has glass. If most 303s do come with acrylic it could be a sign that I really do have something higher quality than the standard 303 which is why it costs so much. Thanks for the warning about the duty cycle especially with the fact that you don’t have to hold down a button constantly to keep those on. Also random question: you know of anywhere I can get a light saber attachment for my 303 (if I am not able to return it that would be a nice add on). Thx :)

Should I not continue to use my laser until I get safety goggles? Also many websites say if your careful you don’t need safety glasses for 40 mw and below? Could there be any permanent damage to my eyes already done? Kinda got me worried :/
3) ------
Thanks I will check out sanwu now! I just assumed it was glass because it had properties of glass and looked for like glass an acrylic don’t know for sure though. :)

Thanks NexGen I have contacted the company I bought it from and am asking them why they advertised it as 200mw when it is really 40-80mw. Can you recommend any EBay sellers that advertise truthfully/ are the green/blue 1 watt lasers listened on eBay for 30$ really 1 wat?
4) ------

Is it the M9 0.5 adapater? Also will the light saber work very well since I have a 405 which is not very visible to the human eye

I know that you are new here... But...
You have now double posted in this one thread
4 times...

It is considered bad Forum Etiquette to double
post within minutes.

It is easy to add to any of your Posts by using
the [EDIT] button at the bottom right of any
of your posts....

Jerry

Last edited: