Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Help finding correct battery for laser

Elight

diachi

So I bought this laser from Ebay:
5MILES Range 532nm Green Laser Pointer Light Pen Visible Beam High Power Lazer | eBay

And I have absolutely no idea which battery to use for it...

It says to use these ones: (18650)
http://www.amazon.com/3000mah-Recha...d=1438379620&sr=1-3&keywords=3.7+volt+battery

But I can't find them in any store... I could order them but I am looking for a more viable solution.

Most stores won't stock them, I've never seen them stocked locally - not even in electronics/component stores. Better just to order them. I ordered mine from gearbest.com with chargers, they were cheap. Someone might recommend somewhere better, the cheaper ones have been known to catch fire...

Be careful, that laser is likely to be way more powerful than 1mW.

Last edited:

Encap

:crackup:
Thank you.
Can you provide a link aswell?

What is with all the spoon feeding requests from noobs too lazy to use google??? Yikes!

More viable than ordering one or 2? Do you want someone to hand deliver one to you on a purple pillow with gold fringe?:crackup:
Find them locally in NYNY many places like here IMR 18650 30A High Drain Battery - Vape NY | Online Store they have a lot of shops in NYNY

You can get them in USA at:
Batteries - Batteries, Chargers, and PowerPax Carriers

or AMAZON.com search whatever type you want 18650 or others

or Li-Ion Rechargeable Batteries

or ebay

Last edited:
Batteries+ stores

Anyway that shouldn't be allowed. It is too dangerous to give ....for children amazement...

Last edited:

Elight

:crackup:

What is with all the spoon feeding requests from noobs too lazy to use google??? Yikes!

More viable than ordering one or 2? Do you want someone to hand deliver one to you on a purple pillow with gold fringe?:crackup:

Oh look we got us a funny guy! :bowdown:
Love how you are so quick to judge /s...

Believe me when I say I'll be the last one to ask before searching by myself, (not to mention I went to 2 stores earlier searching for the battery) but when there are so many companies and websites selling, and I couldn't even find an alternate solution to the 18650 battery, I just had no option other than resorting to asking here. SO SORRY.
Is giving an answer just so so hard for you? Sheesh.

Also; giving a link rather than saying: "just search/order from 'x' website" is way way more helpful. That way I can know which product is good and has been used by someone.

Thanks for the help anyway.

Last edited:
Hello Elight, I recognize the laser, a few people here have one. Yes those batteries will be fine, keep in mind though that 18650 come in both button top and flat top, from the photo those appear to be button top so you should be ok. If your laser has a spring at both ends for the battery then it doesn't matter anyway. Be sure not to insert the battery backwards or your laser is toast.

Triple posting isn't allowed, please learn to use the multi quote and edit buttons.

Alan

Encap

Oh look we got us a funny guy! :bowdown:
Love how you are so quick to judge /s...

Believe me when I say I'll be the last one to ask before searching by myself, (not to mention I went to 2 stores earlier searching for the battery) but when there are so many companies and websites selling, and I couldn't even find an alternate solution to the 18650 battery, I just had no option other than resorting to asking here. SO SORRY.
Is giving an answer just so so hard for you? Sheesh.

Also; giving a link rather than saying: "just search/order from 'x' website" is way way more helpful. That way I can know which product is good and has been used by someone.

Thanks for the help anyway.

Not judging at all---just commenting--sorry if it bothered you. You have no idea how many people come to LPF and play helpless and want to be handed answers they can easily find without help by searching the search bar at the bottom of the page here a LPF and on goggle.

There are 100's of places to buy good batteries---I gave you a lot of links--took time to help you. If I was judging I would not have provided any links or help.

Nice choice --good batteries! Expensive--cost 4X the price of the laser! You only need 1 for that laser and save a little money Amazon.com: 3400mAh 18650 PROTECTED Li-ion Orbtronic Rechargeable Battery - for High Power Flashlights: Electronics

You can get 1 directly from Orbtronic for $14.99 Best 18650 li-ion battery 3400mAh (Panasonic inside) Protected Li-ion Orbtronic

You can also search for button top 3400mAh batteries and find other suppliers

Last edited:

Elight

Nice choice --good batteries! Expensive--cost 4X the price of the laser! You only need 1 for that laser and save a little money Amazon.com: 3400mAh 18650 PROTECTED Li-ion Orbtronic Rechargeable Battery - for High Power Flashlights: Electronics

You can get 1 directly from Orbtronic for $14.99 Best 18650 li-ion battery 3400mAh (Panasonic inside) Protected Li-ion Orbtronic

You can also search for button top 3400mAh batteries and find other suppliers

Yeah I know i could have bought 1 and they are expensive but I'm going to buy another laser so i might aswell.
Also having them last for a while would be good.

Elight

Hello Elight, I recognize the laser, a few people here have one. Yes those batteries will be fine, keep in mind though that 18650 come in both button top and flat top, from the photo those appear to be button top so you should be ok. If your laser has a spring at both ends for the battery then it doesn't matter anyway. Be sure not to insert the battery backwards or your laser is toast.

Triple posting isn't allowed, please learn to use the multi quote and edit buttons.

Alan

Ok thank you.

Sorry, didn't know.
Also, what is multi-quote?

EDIT: I'm assuming it's what I did just now but what does the button do?

Last edited:
Ok thank you.

Sorry, didn't know.
Also, what is multi-quote?

EDIT: I'm assuming it's what I did just now but what does the button do?

Yes you got it right. If you want to quote multiple posts you want to reply to, then you click that multiquote button on them except for the last one, then just the quote button on the last one and then it takes you to the editor and all those posts are there.

Alan

In all of the posts in this thread I don't see where you have ordered a battery charger for those batteries. Usually these batteries are sold and shipped with only a partial charge on them so you will need to charge them before your first use.

Xtar, Opus, Pila and many others have good chargers. Google them and then we can answer your questions about which might be the best and safest of what you find for your use.

Ed

Last edited:

Elight

Yes you got it right. If you want to quote multiple posts you want to reply to, then you click that multiquote button on them except for the last one, then just the quote button on the last one and then it takes you to the editor and all those posts are there.

Alan

Ah ok, got it.
Thanks!