Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

HELP: Club laser cleaning

diachi

What would you recommend for those ?

Try dry compressed air first.

Failing that, Isopropyl Alcohol, 99% and medical grade cotton swabs (wooden stick, no adhesive).

Take a look at the link I posted earlier.

Paul, I've never had issues cleaning optics with Isopropyl, dichros, lenses, you name it, no issues. Nor have I seen anyone else have issues.

Last edited:
Yeah, like I said, I wasn't sure about dichros. There are so many different ones.

Dichro coating is pretty strong stuff. I used it in glassblowing for years.. just make sure in encase it fast and don't get it too hot

If you go into a pharmacy and ask for 99% alcohol, they should have it for you. Often they don't put that stuff out on the shelves. It may or may not be isopropanol.

diachi

If you go into a pharmacy and ask for 99% alcohol, they should have it for you. Often they don't put that stuff out on the shelves. It may or may not be isopropanol.

Yup, specify Isopropyl/Isopropanol, otherwise they just give you whatever 99% stuff they have. Last time I asked I ended up with 95% Ethanol.

Edit: You can order the lab grade stuff on eBay/other online sites too. Useful stuff for general purpose cleaning... :)

Last edited:

diachi

Ethanol is denatured. Most likely much of the 5% is the poisons added to it.

Sure is, managed to get some 99% Isopropanol from a friend here in town. Needed stuff without poison for my use...

That said, the ethanol is great for skin treatment and household cleaning too. Cuts, ingrown hairs, that sort of thing.

Last edited:

mrunje

I asked for that but they said " We dont sell that from few years ago because some people were constantly buying it for making alcohol drinks or something like that.. " . I used 70% last night and got very good results (as its normal in rush i forgot to picture all of that in club), but ive noticed that red green and blue beams are quite separeted when they are projected on the other side of club. So dihr mirror alignment is needed, any useful link on that ? Thanks in advance :D

If you cleaned the dichros too vigorously, you may have misaligned them. I can't speak to the alignment of your dichros as I don't know what projector you have and they have different mounts which are aligned differently. If you pushed them out of alignment, you may be able to push them back into alignment. Good luck.

Depending on the mounts.. it will either be a quick adjustment or a huge pain. One of my pj's has horrid adjustments... a quick change will go from ok to.. oh dear God what have I done. So be careful and good luck..