Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello

Chuckh

Hello I am new on here. I don't have a whole lot of knowledge about these just yet aside from avoiding looking into the laser and avoiding reflections whenever possible. What drew me to this forum is the many posts and apparently knowledgeable people here who write them.

I am mostly looking for safety advice. I recently ordered one of those popular 1 watt 445nm blue lasers from someone on eBay. I am looking for good eye protection that is sanely priced. I also have a green laser 532nm and unknown wattage but does not burn. I would want to get glasses and/or goggles that are more suitable for the blue one though and possibly a second pair more suited to the green one. I already have a cheap red pair I got from eBay buy one get one free but I am not 100% sure if they are any good. They were however advertised as being effective for protection from blue and green. Until I know more, I am doubtful that they are optically dense enough for the blue one. I would consider a safety course if it is free and online, anything good on YouTube is always welcome.

Last edited:

94Z28

Hello I am new on here. I don't have a whole lot of knowledge about these just yet aside from avoiding looking into the laser and avoiding reflections whenever possible. What drew me to this forum is the many posts and apparently knowledgeable people here who write them.

I am mostly looking for safety advice. I recently ordered one of those popular 1 watt 445nm blue lasers from someone on eBay. I am looking for good eye protection that is sanely priced. I also have a green laser 532nm and unknown wattage but does not burn. I would want to get glasses and/or goggles that are more suitable for the blue one though and possibly a second pair more suited to the green one. I already have a cheap red pair I got from eBay buy one get one free but I am not 100% sure if they are any good. They were however advertised as being effective for protection from blue and green. Until I know more, I am doubtful that they are optically dense enough for the blue one. I would consider a safety course if it is free and online, anything good on YouTube is always welcome.

Welcome to the forum! Lots of topics here on safety and just remember your eyes are worth more than those nice pair of safety glasses.

I recommend anyone who wants to buy a laser to visit Survival Laser USA Home and get a pair of eagle pairs for their respective wavelengths.

Enjoy the forum and pm anytime if you have questions or concerns!

Sta

Welcome to the forum!
If you're looking for something cheaper than Eagle Pair -- but can still do the job -- check these out. Somebody on the forum tested them and they were able to reduce a 2W blue laser to zero. :)

Chuckh

The Eagle Pairs are very affordable. I just don't want to get into $300 ones that would make me have a heart attack if I were to accidentally break them. I will get an Eagle Pair. It looks to me like these ones should be more than adequate:?

Eagle Pair® 190-540nm & 800-1700nm OD5 Laser Safety

One of my favorite songs is "The Future's So Bright, I Gotta Wear Shades". I am 40 and like a lot of 80s music.

Last edited:
Welcome to LPF! That 532nm laser you've got is most likely a 301, which runs anywhere from 40mW-80mW.

The Eagle pair will do you good, make sure you make the right choice between the standard ones, or if you wear glasses then go for the slip over ones. Also I believe they're actually certified laser safety goggles. You can't got wrong with them!

Chuckh

The green one is this and is probably similar to the 303:

10 Miles Range 532nm Green Laser Pointer Light Pen Visible Beam High Power Lazer | eBay

It is not a burning laser but for what little I paid, it has a good beam at night. I know there are some that are much brighter but it feels good and solid, no rattles or anything. I know that when you look at the specs of such things the power rating is often not accurate on the label if it is there at all.

Last edited:

94Z28

The green one is this and is probably similar to the 303:

10 Miles Range 532nm Green Laser Pointer Light Pen Visible Beam High Power Lazer | eBay

It is not a burning laser but for what little I paid, it has a good beam at night. I know there are some that are much brighter but it feels good and solid, no rattles or anything. I know that when you look at the specs of such things the power rating is often not accurate on the label if it is there at all.

Yes these are sold at 5mw and I have ordered 4 of them in last few weeks. They range from 50mw up and one even showed at around 100mw. They're bright and cool to mess with. Doesn't take much green to have a good time it seems!