Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello

ScottW

Hello everyone,

I have been lurking here for about six months, and setup an account last month. It is high time I made my first post and introduced myself.

I retired last year after 35 years in Information Technology. I have also been involved with hobby electronics and kit building since I was a child. I have had experience over the years with low-powered laser pointers for astronomy and presentation work, then was given some higher-powered portables last year.

I am not the type to rush into a room and immediately start talking to everyone, and forum veteran Dave (daguin)'s "party" analogy is perfect for online forums. So before writing this introduction, I have:
  1. Read all the "stickies",
  2. Filled out my profile information,
  3. Used the SEARCH function a whole bunch,
  4. Read hundreds of past posts,
  5. Setup a signature (with links hopefully helpful to other newbies), and
  6. Made a small donation. :paypal:
While this is my first public post, I have done business a few forum members already. I purchased a SF501B from Eiten (TheJoker); a couple hosts from Mike (Mrcrouse); diodes, drivers, and lenses from Jordan (DTR); wire and flux from Jeff (Flaminpyro); and a test load kit from (Jufran88). Appropriate reviews and/or feedback will be posted later, but to summarize, they were all excellent transactions with helpful, congenial guys!

To sum up, I am here because of my interest in laser technology, and because LPF is home to a massive amount of information and some very creative, experienced, and knowledgable folks that share that interest.

Regards,

Scott

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Re: Hello from Washington State

Welcome to LPF Scott,
Your welcome post has to be one most thorough I've ever read!
I don't think you could have made a better start to your stay here!
Not to mention your impressive laser collection / safety equipment in your signature. Nice.

Have fun, be safe, and enjoy your stay here! :beer:

+1 for a great start!

Jeff

Last edited:

Welcome Scott!

I see you have already built a 638nm laser, nice job! I have yet to build a laser myself and have been a member here for a couple of months. Hopefully, in the near future I will build enough courage to make my own haha.

See you around. :D

Last edited:

ru124t

Welcome to the forum! Have fun and remember, control the pet population, have your pet neutered or spayed regularly! LOL

LPF - Fueling Your Laser Fire

Welcome ScottW. Its nice to see another member from Washington, there are several others but they don't post much.

Alan

I have to rep your intro post. Welcome to the forum... officially. Be safe and have fun!

cheers,
/c

ScottW

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

Welcome to LPF Scott,
Your welcome post has to be one most thorough I've ever read!
I don't think you could have made a better start to your stay here!
Not to mention your impressive laser collection / safety equipment in your signature. Nice.
Jeff

Thanks, Jeff. I do try to be "thorough", although sometimes my wife confuses it with just talking too much. ;)

Welcome Scott!
I see you have already built a 638nm laser, nice job! I have yet to build a laser myself and have been a member here for a couple of months. Hopefully, in the near future I will build enough courage to make my own haha.

Go for it! There are some amazing electronics and machinist talents among the members here, and I feel really fortunate they are willing to share their expertise and help those of us new to building.

Welcome ScottW. Its nice to see another member from Washington, there are several others but they don't post much.
Alan

Thanks, Alan. I'm surprised there aren't more members from around here, or maybe there are and they're just quiet types, LOL. Pretty sure I'm just about 10mi due East from your location. Too bad there is a bit of a ridge in the way, or we could probably see each other's beams at night! :can:

Again, thanks to all for the friendly reception!

Best Introduction i have even seen, Welcome to LPF Scott! Its awesome when new people come and they take the first step wisely, and yet you have done even better than that!!
+1 Rep If i can!

CheerZ:beer: