Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello

Hi everyone i'm new to lasers and am looking to learn about lasers for photography. I am literally starting from scratch so any information would be awesome. I had a friend who brought me into the laser lab in college and we were sitting there cutting playing cards with this gnarly beam but that was 5 years ago.

I look forward to getting to know everyone.

welcome.gif
to the Forum....
Don't forget to read the FAQs...the Stickies
and the Forum Rules..

If you plan on buying anything on the Forum....
PLEASE read this first...

6 Steps To Prevent You From Getting Scammed

and PLEASE don't forget to read to this....

39 Reasons NOT to Buy From Wicked Lasers

If you do get a Laser or already have one be sure
to get appropriate Laser Safety Goggles/Glasses...

Enjoy your stay...

Jerry

sinner

Welcome to Lpf,
Search button is your only trustworthy companion..

welcome to the world of lasers, hang out for a bit, read up some, it takes time, but with search button and daily lurking you can find out more about lasers here than another source I am aware of. Hope to see you around, and be warned $$$$$this hobby will ruin your bank$$$$$$ and your friends will think you nuts. :p

^^^ True dat. also take a look and bookmark Sam's Laser FAQ.
More people here know Sam by name than the inventor(s) of the laser.

One suggestion... go to your profile page and add your location.. just stating in in a post is not good enough.. better and faster help if we know whereabouts you are.

hak

welcome to the world of lasers, hang out for a bit, read up some, it takes time, but with search button and daily lurking you can find out more about lasers here than another source I am aware of. Hope to see you around, and be warned $$$$$this hobby will ruin your bank$$$$$$ and your friends will think you nuts. :p

thanks
My god it is an expensive hobby, i'm just getting started and my first purchase will probably total up to $5-600 for laser, glasses, prisms...etc. Haha the search button has been my best teacher i've found everything and anything i had a question about in less than a minute.

sinner

Man thats a very expensive purchase , what are you purchasing if u dont mind asking..
Because $500 will buy u a whole lot of collection..

I saw one of LAZERER builds and contacted him the laser itself is 350 for a 2.3+W 445nm the remaining cost is just for a nice set of safety glasses so i don't blind myself.