Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello

Stanui

Hello everyone, I apologies for not posting one here before an actual thread.

Anyway, A little about me, I've been very interested in lasers and directed light since i was a kid and have had my hands on many 5-15mw green and blue lasers. I also have had lost of fun using Fresnel lesses to melt rocks and metal fragments.

Not sure what else to write about. other than my interest in lasers! I ordered one recently from jetlasers after reading several good reviews from them on here and the Laser subreddit.

Excited to get my hands on it!

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Welcome to LPF Stanui! :beer:

Jetlasers is a great choice, which laser did you order, also, be sure to have the proper safety glasses/goggles for your particular wavelength?

Have fun, be safe, and enjoy your stay here. :yh:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Yes, Survival Lasers is probably the best place to get a high quality product at reasonable prices.
Be sure to buy the correct glasses for your wavelength.

Last edited:
Welcome, be safe, wear those safety glasses because they can save you. ;)

Encap

Welcome. Enjoy the forum. Safety comes first.
Have a look at/study this excellent web site---it will answer many questions you may have:
http://www.laserpointersafety.com/

It is one of the best on the internet for many reasons. :beer:

Last edited:
Welcome to LPF Stanui! There are many nice people here who’ll be happy to help you. Have fun but please remember always be safe. :D

-cd

great advice all.

LPS.org should be mandatory to read.... I would hope that reading about those arrested would have an impact on more of this behavior .... don't let yourself become an article there. I know Patrick Murphy and admire his dedication to laser safety. He does this on his own dime (pretty much). Not much gets by him. Peer pressure is a two way street. Sadly pressure to do the right thing gets lost in overwhelming pressure to do the stooopid things! Listen to that INNER VOICE!!
there ARE NO LASER 'PRANKS' just ways to ruin your life. pranks= federal prison time.
btw there is a sizeable cash reward for turning in a laser asshat... so... do not think that nobody is watching...