Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello

When there was a copper shortage many
years ago they were selling house wiring
made of aluminum. It didn't catch on after
a while because you couldn't bend it back
and forth like Copper. After a few bends it
would break.
Also it was not a good idea to mix Aluminum
and copper wire on the same circuits due to
a corroding of the joints over time and the
build up of heat in a Copper/Aluminum joint
because copper and aluminum don't expand
at the same rate when heated.

Jerry

Last edited:

Ok if I misread you have my apologies. I had a long night sweating parts on order and this build with lack of coffee. I have been around electronics most my life and would like to make friends here. I got turned on to computers at 9 yrs old watching my dad repair the joystick port on an old ti-994a home computer/game system.

Actually that I didn't know. I was always told aluminum is non conductive.

Thx for that tip laserbee that was informative and will be used info. I did contact dtr regarding the lens as to if it can be removed. I was hoping if he didn't get back to me before my parts arrived maybe someone here had bought one from him and knew

Last edited:
Ok if I misread you have my apologies. I had a long night sweating parts on order and this build with lack of coffee. I have been around electronics most my life and would like to make friends here. I got turned on to computers at 9 yrs old watching my dad repair the joystick port on an old ti-994a home computer/game system.

Actually that I didn't know. I was always told aluminum is non conductive.

Thx for that tip laserbee that was informative and will be used info. I did contact dtr regarding the lens as to if it can be removed. I was hoping if he didn't get back to me before my parts arrived maybe someone here had bought one from him and knew
Hey... No Problem...
Life is simple... you show respect and you get respect..
The LPF community is in large part very forgiving... ;)

Jerry

Last edited:
Reactions: GSS
Thanks laserbee. I admit a lot of it I am overstepping myself. I have seen these style focusing rings on lab style lasers cut through paper...pop balloons etc. I probably won't even need the extended. I wasn't knocking the design either but it happens and I have dropped laser pointers before....other than questioning the batteries I think I ordered all I needed. I will probably use the drilled aluminum pill without shelf and as for the batteries, when I first saw the S4X host I questioned it needing like D cell sized batteries but they showed similar to what I have so I assumed there was some type of plastic insert inside the host for the smaller sized batteries like mine?

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20170805_212701_3145.jpg
    IMG_20170805_212701_3145.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Can anyone give me a model number of batteries I need for the S4X host...all my old ones were 18650's I don't know I want unprotected but is this correct # ?

You've got to be kidding, right? The number is on the side of the batteries. They are a little larger than 16340s. Check any site for dimensions.

Last edited:

Encap

Yeah I see what you meant with the nubm44 the batteries drain in like under 5 mins at 3.7v 5000 mAh...looking around at bateries
Try using better quality batteries.

Apparently you don't read or if you do you don't comprehend what you read.
The first paragraph on the Survival Lasers web site under S4X host assembly says:
"The new Survival Laser S4X™ host is the big brother to our original S4™ host. This massive host accepts 2 X 18650 batteries and uses the same heat sinks and driver pill modules as our other hosts. The S4X weighs over 6 times as much as the S4 and has far greater heatsinking capability, which allows longer run times without overheating the diode. In addition, the use of two 18650 batteries more than doubles the potential total run time of any of our smaller hosts."
Why were you asking about D batteries and other sizes?

Edit : I see on the tutorial thread you finally got something together ---try using some better quality batteries.

Last edited:
Hi Brad,
mag Lights are great for the 44 diode. Aluminum or copper sink , those diode run around 6800 to 7W's + depending on the efficiency of the diode.

Rich:)

Just a newcomer thread to say hello and that fast to calling people names? Wonder how many didn't come back that might have bought from members of lpf? and yes I deleted old or dumb post conspiracy 2017! If you want your 2017 rep highlights of the year to be loss of sales to newcomers go ahead.
When you are insulting new comers on a newcomers thread, no matter how dumb it sounds how many who are eager to learn are going to ask questions? Again yes I deleted. Probably more U.S. sales that would be lost though huh? Been around the business world long enough to know. I may have been born at night but it wasn't last night.

Drooling over that pic lifetime

At the time encap (not aimed at you encap) I didn't know there were 2 types of 18650s flat top and button top. This is where someone could have made sure that I understood the difference. Opposed to making a newcomer wanting to buy U.S. lasers and components look like an idiot and walk away feeling insulted after spending a few hundred dollars.