Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello to everybody!

hello to everybody!

so yeah, i am totally new in here so let's present myself:

my nickname is Nikooo777 and i use it everywhere, if you google for it you will find something like 10 pages fully dedicated to me :p
i am active on 2 forums already that are Counter-strike:source (a game) related and i am owner of one of those forum (as community owner).

my real name... i won't tell you now right here but you will easily discover it if i'll be active enough in here :p

my interests and hobbies are many some of them are:
-gaming but mostly like administrating and managing servers (which explains why i have a clan/community forum)
-reading, yeah i like reading books -> genre: action
-listening to music many genres :)
-have fun with friends yeah i am 17 years old and it's important to have fun with friends :p
-my school is my hobby too as i am studying to become elettronic multimedial (which connects me to this forum ^^) and i am at the 3rd year on a total of 4.
- many many others

i found this community because of some mixed reasons:
i recently (around 6 months ago) got interested in lasers and their power and started by ordering a 5mw 512nm green laser which i still have and which i really like.
one month ago an idea popped up in my mind and slowly became a personal project:
first idea was: hey nice, let's see if lasers can also burn as in films
hehehe googled a bit, watched some videos on youtube and spotted that lasers with high power easily burn things, so there comes another idea: hey let's buy one!
after some researches found out that a simple 200 mw green laser costs a way too much for me so thanks to google and ebay i found out that building your own laser is cheaper than buying it.
at the end my project became simple: build a 300 mW IR (808nm) laser
i already ordered from ebay the needed stuffs but as i put safety as first place when i do something i ended up that i can't work at this power without protections so while watching some videos on youtube regarding the hazard of lasers i found a link to this forum and after reading it for some hours i decided to try taking part of this community which seems quite big and experienced :)

i hope i will find help in here and i also hope a day i will be able to help people like me that will come here with no-knoweledge/experience with lasers :)

so,
Hello ALL!

hello to everybody!

so yeah, i am totally new in here so let's present myself:

my nickname is Nikooo777 and i use it everywhere, if you google for it you will find something like 10 pages fully dedicated to me :p
i am active on 2 forums already that are Counter-strike:source (a game) related and i am owner of one of those forum (as community owner).

my real name... i won't tell you now right here but you will easily discover it if i'll be active enough in here :p

my interests and hobbies are many some of them are:
-gaming but mostly like administrating and managing servers (which explains why i have a clan/community forum)
-reading, yeah i like reading books -> genre: action
-listening to music many genres :)
-have fun with friends yeah i am 17 years old and it's important to have fun with friends :p
-my school is my hobby too as i am studying to become elettronic multimedial (which connects me to this forum ^^) and i am at the 3rd year on a total of 4.
- many many others

i found this community because of some mixed reasons:
i recently (around 6 months ago) got interested in lasers and their power and started by ordering a 5mw 512nm green laser which i still have and which i really like.
one month ago an idea popped up in my mind and slowly became a personal project:
first idea was: hey nice, let's see if lasers can also burn as in films
hehehe googled a bit, watched some videos on youtube and spotted that lasers with high power easily burn things, so there comes another idea: hey let's buy one!
after some researches found out that a simple 200 mw green laser costs a way too much for me so thanks to google and ebay i found out that building your own laser is cheaper than buying it.
at the end my project became simple: build a 300 mW IR (808nm) laser
i already ordered from ebay the needed stuffs but as i put safety as first place when i do something i ended up that i can't work at this power without protections so while watching some videos on youtube regarding the hazard of lasers i found a link to this forum and after reading it for some hours i decided to try taking part of this community which seems quite big and experienced :)

i hope i will find help in here and i also hope a day i will be able to help people like me that will come here with no-knoweledge/experience with lasers :)

so,
Hello ALL!

Read the first 3 links in my sig, then we will be glad to answer any of your questions. Keep in mind this is not a 'chat' forum. We do chat, but it revolves around lasers, electronics, circuits, and higher technology. Also we only help people who help themselves, so major reading is a must. Make sure to check out the stickies, and FAQ sections too.

Welcome aboard.

Read the first 3 links in my sig, then we will be glad to answer any of your questions. Keep in mind this is not a 'chat' forum. We do chat, but it revolves around lasers, electronics, circuits, and higher technology. Also we only help people who help themselves, so major reading is a must. Make sure to check out the stickies, and FAQ sections too.

Welcome aboard.

hell yeah i've read rules, important stickies already and some of your answers too, i see you don't like people that come just for "ask" some help without giving anything back or with the target of learning something.

well don't worry i also think your way :D i won't be here to get my problems resolved by you and then forget this forum, i'm here to emprove my knoweledge and learn as much as possible so to be able to "teach" after.

i brought my project into my school and i am actively going to finish it hopefully :)

i see you don't like people that come just for "ask" some help without giving anything back or with the target of learning something.

Sorry for the disillusion. All of us, vets, and alike, think this way. They just dont have the patience to keep telling people it. I on the other hand have no issues reminding people. You'll see the phrases "no spoon feeding, and the search button is your friends" many times here. Once again, we dont help people who dont help themselves. If you ask questions that you could easily answer yourself, then you will get flamed, and not just by me. And if you're here just to chat, you're wasting your time, because once again you will get flamed. This is the way it is here, if you like it or not.

Good luck.