Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello to all

Br553

Hi, I just recently found this site and I thought I would introduce myself. I'm 35, married with 2 daughters and a cocker spaniel. My daughters get such a kick out of watching me play with my laser pointers. I've been a fan of lasers for many years and recently began collecting laser pointers. I currently have a red LP, a <5mw 532nm green, and a <5mw 405nm blu-ray. So far I've been limited to <5mw but I have a 100mw 532nm on the way. It's from a US based seller that I found recently so hopefully it will have a better chance of slipping past the customs agents. I will be sure to post a review once I receive it.

Last edited:

Welcome. :D
Just fyi most inexpensive 5mW 532nm & 405nm would be over 5mW but are just labeled "5mW" to sell in USA. Often more around 30mW iirc.
Be careful of reflective objects with your 100mW (& the others) especially around your daughters. Do store it locked up, particularly since they have interest in laser.
"If it doesn't burn a hole in the wall then it's okay for my eyes." *cute little smile* (link)
No offense intended but some eye damage can go unnoticed.

You didn't mention what your cocker spaniel thinks of your lasers. My dog totally ignores them & likely finds them as pointless as most things I spend time on.

Last edited:

Br553

Welcome. :D
Just fyi most inexpensive 5mW 532nm & 405nm would be over 5mW but are just labeled "5mW" to sell in USA. Often more around 30mW iirc.
Be careful of reflective objects with your 100mW (& the others) especially around your daughters. Do store it locked up, particularly since they have interest in laser.
"If it doesn't burn a hole in the wall then it's okay for my eyes." *cute little smile* (link)
No offense intended but some eye damage can go unnoticed.

You didn't mention what your cocker spaniel thinks of your lasers. My dog totally ignores them & likely finds them as pointless as most things I spend time on.

No offense taken. I'm very careful about the lasers and how I use them around my daughters, usually I shine them on the ceiling or on a distant wall to entertain the girls. If they get too close to the wall, then I turn them off and try to explain, as best I can to a 4 year old and a 10 month old, why they cant get too close. With the 100mw I definately will not be playing with that one around them, due to the increased eye danger and the potential for it to cause burns. It will be locked up in my gun safe when I'm not using it. Hopefully its a good one, the case/host? is the same type as my current green and blu-ray. I think its called New wish.

As far as our cocker spaniel, she just ignores it, but my tropical fish go nuts over it. They will chase the 532nm or the red laser, but seem very scared by the 405nm. My goldfish on the other hand just ignore the lasers, much like our dog.

Last edited:
welcome.gif
to the Forum...
There are a lot of very knowledgeable Members here..

Don't forget to read the Newcomers section... the FAQs...
the Stickies and trhe Forum Rules....:cool:

Enjoy your stay...:yh:

Jerry