Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

HELLO- Tell me what real laser I need to buy (first real one)!!)

^^^ what is missing when we see new threads like this..:tsk:(most of the time) we want to hear FIRST about zactly what eye protection do you own. in hand. not next buy. not Dads welding glasses. & what OD and wavelengths does it cover.

LPF always thinks more of vendors who include decent eye protection.

I wish I had a pair of these to test out.. has anyone used these:(on sale too)

if you can only own one.. and not much $$
here is a good deal IF they work.. need to see and test.

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/h/1cgupmd2tel47/?&th=16583db240786643&v=c

all laser protection-nice case- hobby grade. on-sale--
putting that on the forum-- when new members ask WHAT laser for my first-- the right answer is what will your eyeware (now not later) :tsk::tsk:protect you from many accidents++
someone buy and review!!:beer:

Last edited:

I tried as well. It just takes me to Gmail. I believe the Eagle Brand goggles are among the best for the money. But, there are lots of sources for goggles. I have many pairs of varying optical density, but unless I am doing something that might cause a reflection I don't use them as much any more. I am very aware of my surroundings and never not in complete control of my lasers. If you are new to lasers don't do as I do, do as they say. ;)

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Same here, unfortunately it just takes me to Gmail.
Sounds like Len may have an alternative source for some reasonably priced safety eyewear?

Len, come back with a working link. :yh:

sry too many links to keep correct
try this
https://www.ebay.com/i/302800890631?ul_noapp=true
were not on sale when I found these.. we should get a 100 of them- sell cheap to 'protect' the forum from themselves hahahha

hak
got Alan looking for source of these. many sellers have same.

ALSO sent pics/specs to Alan for prism pairs and cylinder lenses-- I saw a post mentioning these lenses made in china

see if these open.. I am for sure NOT the optics expert.. what I do not know would fill a textbook.

dave has these:
https://www.ebay.com/str/Lasershow-Parts?_trksid=p2047675.l2563
here are the pair optics .. not sold one at a time. BUT are the two prisms identical??=& sold only in pairs..
and see his cylindar pairs- alan DO copy and save pics -
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Anamorphic...212597?hash=item2828bdb2f5:g:a4sAAOSwnHZYdZqv

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Thanks for the working link, Len.
Those glasses claim to work for a very large wavelength range, I hope testing shows that they live up to their claims. :yh:

tru dat (for you Jer)
I can get a sample pair AFAIK from Alan aka 'KingKube' then they can test-- IF they have a reliable LPM- and know HOW these need to be tested.. myb take a few pics. any vet want to do this?? first to PM me their mailing address will get the sample-- another 'need' would be other QUALITY eyeware. To compare % of what passes with each..as many wavelengths
as possible.. you get to keep the glasses and case.. OK?

hakout

Uhmn.. if they claim 4OD " 360nm-1064nm" I'm pretty sure they would be black. :) OK- I see. I don't speak the language-but it does seem that there are gaps so you can see something,
"Gama de la protección: Láser azul de 360 ~ 490nm, láser verde 520 ~ 540, láser rojo 590 ~ 690nm y láser infrarrojo 1064nm. So then it lets light from 490- 520, 550-590 and 690+ through?
70% visible light?
Model: IPL-2
Lens material: PC
Protection wavelength: 360~1064nm
Density: > 5.0, (OD +4)
Visible light transmittance: 70%
Size:150x115mm
Protection features: absorption all directional protection
Protection range: 360~490nm blue laser, 520~540 green laser, 590~690nm red laser and 1064nm infrared laser
Suitable for laser: infrared laser /YAG laser / diode laser / laser beauty equipment

No.. you would think tho.. hell just spray flat black.. hah
I have eagles for same visible wavelengths- Used $100
Our new friend is Optics City is getting a penpointer trio and will do some tests
and some lucky member will get a free pair to review..YES
AND everyone here goes home with A PAIR! YOU get a pair and you get a pair... OMG I have turned into Oprah..

its like this for <$10 $hipped free-- 5 bucks per eyeball expect them to be hardly anything like the REAL thing. Just the barest degree of protection is better than none at all.:tsk:

BUT its hard to convince some new laser geek wannabe-:whistle: to buy any eye ware before getting lasers that REQUIRE protection.
and I get it.. hopefully once addicted enough better protection will be gotten and then that other guy can wear the old ones.
BUT nobody can say that this forum does not take safety VERY SERIOUSLY..:yabbmad:

:gh: