Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello LPF from Singapore

I am from Singapore and I have been interested in lasers since I was about 8. I have experience in electronics as well as programming c++
. Currently, I own a couple of lasers including the common laser 303 as well as higher powered ones such as Sanwu challenger 3w and Chinese Gatling gun style blue laser. As safety is my no, 1 priority, I own 2 high quality safety glasses, a OD5+ eagle pair from survival lasers as well as a professional OD6+ glasses. I am very excited to join the LaserPointerForum community and hope to learn as much as possible from the members here.

Reactions: GSS

Thankyou :) . Just a quick question as I am new, I notice many of the members in LPF have a list of the lasers that they own, colour coded, at the bottom their post. How did they do that?

kecked

I don't remember but I need to learn as mine is wrong in terms of the order! My greens are backwards. Just noticed. Welcome. I think its a banner

That section is our 'sig' you can click to add and amend etc.
Choosing colors-font & size is done with the bar above all our posts.

If you are interested in getting w/ members near you..
1) amend/edit this thread's title to include... like 'hello from ....'
AND finish your profile so when a member goes there they see that.
The advantages of getting with other members is great--For starters..
ALL members owning Power Meters will meter your collection anytime at no cost.
You may get to see lasers new to you and share ideas etc
...AND they will never ask WHY you are 'into' lasers--EVER!
I suggest you never buy from unknown sellers..
The extra cost of JETLASERS Lasers and Sanwu is justified with great products and super customer service.

Vets who make and sell are a good choices as well.
best wishes and safely enjoy LPF---

In my years here I have met in person >100 members(both forums) and in some cases their families and friends who attend the many LEMs for free. search 'SELEM Laser' to learn more and see lots of laser vids and pics--it is afaik the biggest and best-- is SELEM held mid Aug in North Carolina (NOW up to 5 days long!!)

good going.
Most years we have (at SELEM) a member or two flying in from The Netherlands AND two USA members who FLY there in small aircraft--they own...one from Florida and another from IIRC Tenn.
if you can do SELEM you would be the first from Singapor...
about 50 have paid in advance $~90 $ get a free knit monagrammed Polo shirt w/ logo embroderioded.
Now its $179 and no shirt..
Money is needed early to pay for the venues--so they get a discount of 50% ..

splitting a suite can cost as little $25usd EACH per night (5 nights)
--free breakfast included.
SELEM is much more about RGB laser projectors/shows/uphraging/ modding and building and repairing PJs and just a small interest in pointers/handhelds --(bring your favs)

way too much going on to list --BUT we now have 3 BIG venues at same location plus class rooms for seminars==demos-- presentations

we buy-trade and sell laser items-- one afternoon a additorium has drone races indoors... some w/ lasers of course.

Sat 4 PM names are drawn for really great door prizes--some worth >$500usd.
Anyone can take a turn controlling a dozen high power PJs for 'live' laser shows-- beams etc everywhere.

WE hear this a lot from first-timers--''SELEM was life changing--wish it were even longer and I will never miss another--my next years vacation will be at SELEM'' (& every year) This one BTW is SELEM 13 (XIII)
from just one night to, now, ~6 days..

PM me if you have Qs.

I am not sure I can go but will be trying--worst year for me and money. I made 5 in a row then missed 3--

if anyone wants to help me I will give my Paypal-- I need about $600 or more to go....

hak