Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello Laser fanatics!

Hi guys!

I've been lurking around for a while, so I thought it'd be appropriate to introduce myself here!

I'm a student from the Netherlands and as long as I can remember I've been rather interested in lasers. Guess it started way back when I was a little boy watching those Transformers and G.I. Joe style cartoons.. :D The first laser I saw up close and personal was a HeNe <5mW labby during my science classes in high school when I was 14 or 15 and from that moment I knew I had to get me something like that! :)

Unfortunately I quickly learned that I couldn't afford one of those, so I tried to forget about it, but after a while I saw an advertisement of a red laser sight in a gun magazine which got me excited again. Wow, portable lasers, I was amazed! (It was in the mid-90's before we had internet at home, so little did I know). After looking around for a while I managed to find a store that sold a red pointer pen for around €45,- so I got my pocket money and bought it. I thought it was the coolest gadget ever and couldn't put it down for a long time. I even thought about studying Photonics, but as I grew a little bit older I started to get interested in other things and kinda forgot about all the laser-related stuff.

Then, a few years ago, I stumbled upon the Wicked Lasers site and was very impressed by the modern high power greenies, but found them way too expensive.. until I found these forums a few months ago and learned about all the affordable higher powered pointers. After watching some reviews, I ordered a DX Dilda and DX 200mw green pen (+goggles) to get me started again and I'm planning to buy some of the excellent DIY kits/builds in the not too distant future. I already saw some very impressive builds from guys like Jayrob and IgorT etc, so I'm definately interested!

Sorry for the long boring story :eek: Last thing I wanted to say for now is that this looks like a very helpful forum and I'm hoping to learn a lot from you guys.

greets,
Sven

Welcome Sven, I got interested while in school too, then I was really excited when a battery powered green laser was ava. for $300 @ 3-5 mW as we could "see the beam at night" after more price drops I actually bought some, then more... Now look where it got me! (check out my Albums and sig.). Best Wishes! -Glenn

Last edited:
Thanks Glenn!

Yeah, I already saw some of your posts + reviews if I'm not mistaken, very impressive collection :)

Jaseth

Welcome to the forum, you seem to already have read enough for me not to need to give you the old "search and read" lecture.
Have a great time here and enjoy your new addiction :)

Seb

Welcome to the forum, you seem to already have read enough for me not to need to give you the old "search and read" lecture.
Have a great time here and enjoy your new addiction :)

Seb

Thanks, I'm glad I didn't get the lecture! :p

Still have a lot to learn though...

Jaseth

Trust me - even the guys who have been here since the day the forum was created still have a lot to learn. Learning half the information we have on this forum is the equivalent of taking a bachelor at university.

Seb

Well, seeing that I'm actually trying to finish my university bachelor in Health Sciences at the moment, I've got at least some idea... Can be quite a pain in the ass :undecided:

Welcome Sven! As you have already discovered, there is a lot of information here. Enjoy the forum!