Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello! just bought a laser and have some questions :D

AltayR

Hello all, im David and im from Spain
Last week i bought a Rifle445 1W from lazerer and i want to know if its possible, if u have good experiencies with this website, ive been looking around and i found u were complaining about this laser lens, but it seems that they have upgrade the lens to "highly transparent resin lens".Its my first powerful laser and i dont really know about lasers,anyways i expect much more power than chinese 1mw that u can buy in chinese shops.
My questions are easy:
-Is the actual lens of this laser good?
-Is the blue beam visible in the day?
-Is this laser able to blind myself forever even if the contact is through a 0,1 sec mirror reflection?(anyways ill be always using protection glasses)
-Is the laser good for 170$?
-What are the differences between this one and the Artic S3 from DL?(I know the artic is bigger)

Really nice forum and nice to meet you!

-If you wanted visibility, then you should've got a green one. Blue is great for burning but not visibility.
-Being hit in the eye by a 1w laser for 0.1s off a reflection will result in permanent eye damage. You will be partially blinded, but you'll have a massive hole in the middle of your vision where the laser hit and you will become short/long sighted and will forever suffer vision problems in the future.
-WL are nearly all under powered and take forever to arrive.

Last edited:

AltayR

-If you wanted visibility, then you should've got a green one. Blue is great for burning but not visibility.
-Being hit in the eye by a 1w laser for 0.1s off a reflection will result in permanent eye damage. You will be partially blinded, but you'll have a massive hole in the middle of your vision where the laser hit and you will become short/long sighted and will forever suffer vision problems in the future.
-WL are nearly all under powered and take forever to arrive.

I know, green is much more visible than blue but,200-250 mw green laser has more or less the same price than my 1w blue laser, so i think the brightness diference wont be that far because it is 5x more powerful and the beam diameter will be bigger and burning capability will be much better! Thats why i choosed blue and not green, did i screw up because im wrong?

Blue is incredibly visible, to my eyes soemwhere around 300mW of green would equal the brightness of ~1W 455nm.

So you chose correctly, don't worry about it.

Just don't forget to use some common sense along with the laser - it's not a toy, it's actually incredibly dangerous thing to point around. Don't point at people or where people can be (windows, hallways, doors), you never know.

You chose a good company and laser to buy, that's for sure, so don't worry about that.