Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello I'm new,....and Improved

Hello all. For years I always loved weapons, precision machines, etc. I have been working on and building firearms for many years. Built many 1911 45 ACP pistols to a point of perfection. Starte to get a little tired of it all lately. Looked for a new hobby.

Even when I was young I loved lasers and light beams. On foggy nights I would always rush out with my powerful flashlights and play,......LASERS. Liked the Startrek when I was young (the original) with their phasers and such. Liked Starwars and their light sabers.

Always thought the new lasers with the pronounced beams were all priced out of range.
So happy to find the forum and all the cool lasers and such that are mostly affordable!!
I love this forum and know I will learn quite a bit as I only know a fraction of what most of you guys know about laser specs. But, love to learn!

Thanks

Indyjoe ;)

Welcome!
But don't expect a visible beam for cheap... although if you spend $800 on a RPL you might be able to have a daylight lightsaber fight lol :p
A green, blue or yellow DPSS (diode pumped solid state) laser is definitely a precision instrument, and you may be the type with the equipment and patience to actually build and align your own crystal set, a task which is beyond most of us. I'm definitely not suggesting it for beginning, maybe get a 5mw green laser from dealextreme.com or something.

Things

Welcome to the forum! ;) Every green laser will have a visible beam in fog, but you need 5mw and over for nightime beam, and ALOT more for daytime, maybe about 5 watts ;D If you are completely new to lasers, i would reccomend a 5mw greenie from dealextreme.com ;)