Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello, I'm duh101 from Tennessee

duh101

I'm 15 and lasers fascinate me. I have a 200nw green laser and yes I have safety goggles.

No I'm not one if those kids that shines lasers at people and airplanes, I like to light matches and pop balloons solely. I'm currently looking for a 200mw laser pointer. I'd like reliable sites and how much it will likely cost. Thank you!

Hm, you mention you already do have 200mW greenie, why do you need another one for?

Or are you looking for other colors?

In general, Lazerer.com is a good way to go.

duh101

@Eudaimonium Just to have variety. Maybe I could get one that's more powerful, I'm not really sure what ones that are over 200 are capable of and I may consider a 500mw laser or so. Like I said I'm young so I don't have a steady income source so cheap lasers are good for me for right now.

Welcome to the site, duh101. I'm fairly new here as well... and although I've owned cheap laser pointers for years, only recently picked up a serious interest in the technology and learning more about them - which has turned into utter fascination. My best (unsolicited) advice to you is to stay humble and hungry. What I mean is... even when you learn a lot, there is always more to know and chances are there are many folks on this forum that can and will teach you as long as you are open to learning... and always be open to learning. Buying a cool laser and lighting stuff on fire is great, but there is SO MUCH MORE. Use the "search" tool in the forum to scour over archived posts and info about all the topics and questions you think you might have - because they are probably answered there already - then you can narrow and refine what you ask here and get a better, more focused answer. This, at the same time, improves the value of the search tool because you've added new content to the archive rather than another countless repeat. This is a cool site to beef up your laser knowledge and meet some folks, so have fun and be safe!

Cheers!

duh101

Thanks @KaPhn8d. I'm just starting out and I would like to learn more about lasers in general. I know wavelengths and powers but for instance I'm not sure what certain mws will do.

duh101

Oh, and I'm very open to learning because this amazes me and I want to learn more about it so feel free to send me a message.

duh101

@Eudamonium I was considering saving for the 500mw blue laser on lazerer before joining actually. Would that be a good laser to consider purchasing?

Which one exactly?

Half watt blue doesn't make much sense, it's an underdriven diode, exact same laser setup could probably go up to 1W or more. Unless you plan on taking it apart and modifying it yourself, there's not much sense. Better to go for 1W, since I'd imagine it won't cost double that, rather more by some margin.

duh101

They have a 1W for $129.99. The Cyber 445nm - 1W Focusable Blue Laser Pointer @Eudaimonium. Also I have no clue what the under driven diode. Would you care to explain? (Sorry I probably sound dumb)

norbyx

Welcome to the forum. Be safe with lasers, and have a nice time here>..:)