Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello from Texas

Si

Hi folks. I'm from Wichita Falls, Texas. Some of you might remember me from some "other" places as S Owen when I was active in lasers a couple years ago. I have been out of the hobby for a while and sold off the largest part of my gear a long time ago when I got deep into motorcycles. Times change I suppose. At any rate, I am trying to put some money together to help my nephew who's been stricken with leukemia. I will put an appropriate post together in the proper Buy Sell Trade forum, but I wanted to come over here and introduce myself in the hopes that you won't think I'm some scammer low life. The whole family is rallying behind my sister trying to help them in every way we can. I have a couple Wicked’s I am trying to get a few bucks for, eBay's useless (over 5mw, they pull the ad) and Craig’s is filled with scammers and the audience is too small. So what is one to do? Well, I don't know, but here I am.

Please guys, if you all can think of a place to sell these outside of this site, let me know. It's important. I will put a post in your sale forum if any of you might be interested.

Thanks,
Simon

Things

Welcome to the forum! Sorry to hear about your nephew though, i hope everything goes OK.  The B/S/T section is your best bet, but other than that, i dunno. Ebay takes lasers off that are over 5mw, but i'm not sure where everyone sells their lasers. Try a few forums, there are quite a few laser forums out there.

Chad

WOAH!! I remember you!!!!!! sweet! :D
I'm really sorry to hear about your nephew... (NEPHEW, things, not sister. ;D)
Really, aside from the BST section here, there's not really any place to sell used lasers, unless ebay doesn't find your listing. :-/

Si

HEY! How ya been? See, I'm no shill! :)

Yeah, he's my sister's boy. Very sick. We lost one to leukemia in 2001, so this is like a bad dream. Re-opening old wounds. But my nephew's form of leukemia has a decent survival rate, so we have hope!

eBay pulled my listings in under 5 minutes!!!!!

Thanks guys,
Si

I feel for you man. I wish you and your nephew well. Welcome to the forum if you're planning on staying, otherwise hello. :D

Zap203

Hi, welcome to the forum! :) sorry about your nephew hope everything turns out good in the end.

Abray

welcome, and sorry to hear that :-/

but as everybody else has said, try the buy sell trade section. Also look around for other forums that you could try to sell your lasers on.