Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello from texas

RomanBeanz

Hi im from deep south texas and i got intrested in lasers from youtube videos. Im actively looking for a laser to buy. I dont know to much so any advice will be helpfull. If anyone knows a good website to buy a laser in the 150 dollars range. Im very interested. Thank you for your time

Welcome to the LPF. There is much to be learned about lasers and this is a great place to get started. There are a few Chinese laser sellers that most of the members here agree are good, but they are all quite expensive. It really depends on what color you want and the amount of power you require. Most new members want the most powerful laser they can get, but these lasers have terrible divergence specs and put out a line instead of a dot. Believe me that burning things gets pretty old fast. Good luck to you and always protect your eyes as it only takes an accident of a fraction of a second to blind you permanently.

RomanBeanz

Thanks so much im not looking for the most powerfull Haha just something that looks nice and to be able to see the line im open to anything buying from here or another website

I would personally recommend the 532nm solid state lasers on eBay for $5.00 in the 301 or 303 hosts. These have good beam specs and often put out 80 mW of green laser light. I have many lasers. Most of which I have built myself, but I did get a 650nm red laser today after ordering it nine days ago from shadowlasers on eBay for $9.95. That is a red laser. You might like to check out all the laser pointers on eBay in wavelengths of 650nm, 638nm, 532nm, 520nm, 445nm and 405nm. Many can be had for under $20.00. Some for as little as $3.00.

RomanBeanz

Appreciate the feed back but id like somthing a little stronger one where i can see the beam my budgets is around 150 dollars max around 200 but thanks alot agian

To see the beam line in daylight you'd likely need to spend thousands - that's just not going to be possible for $150-200. Green lasers are the brightest (i.e. the human eye is more sensitive to green light than other colours/wavelengths), so as Paul said, 532nm lasers are a good call. Blue (445nm) lasers can give you more total output power than green for the same money, but they appear much dimmer than green for equivalent output power.

When you have enough power to comfortable see a beam in low light you also will need to factor in budget for safety glasses. This level of power is extremely dangerous to the eyes - you only have one set, and it's possible to damage your eyesight in a single flash, so it's never worth it to go without protection.

RomanBeanz

Yea im looking to see it in the nighttime I have alot of acres here and I just want something average not looking to spend thousands

Yea im looking to see it in the nighttime I have alot of acres here and I just want something average not looking to spend thousands

Yeah - that's more reasonable. I have a 1W Blue laser from Sanwu that is highly visible at night, but you don't need anywhere near that power to see a vivid beam if you go for green wavelengths (520nm for direct-diode, 532nm for DPSS). DPSS lasers are fairly inexpensive and avaliable from most sources.

Ebay is full of inexpensive 532nm lasers that will usually do 50-100mw. JetLasers have some very good quality 532nm pointers, and Sanwu have options with direct-diode green beams. JL and Sanwu are both China-based but produce excellent lasers (are usually a bit on the upper side money wise though).

You can easily find a cheap 532 for $10 on Ebay/Banggood etc if you just want to dip your toes in...

You might also consider laserpointerstore.com as they have 445nm blue lasers for your price range at 1.6 watts. I was sent one to review for them some time ago and it is a very good laser that still works great. It also has a PWM low power setting that is less than half that 1.6 watt power rating on mine. Might be worth your time to look.

I was sent the Thor H2 that takes two 26650 batteries. The 3 watt vesion likely uses a 9 mm diode instead of the 5.6 mm diode mine has.

You 'should' buy from a vet here before going elsewhere.. better deals every time!
And buying from a Texas member is even better--you can see and try THEN buy.
please add your location into your profile so they can find your location by clicking on your username

do NOT expect all here to read your 'intro' info nor will many remember that from this thread.
We have many great Texans here.. and glad for more. We have held a few LEMs and are always wanting more meets.
You may be near 'jooopy' (Corpus) not very active anymore.
a dozen or so members in south Tx..
most have METERS and will gladly meter any laser any time & it is a LPF tradition to do that free of charge.

AixiZ Laser is in Houston ( I 'work' for them)--I am an hour south in Brazoria (close to Lake Jackson) and own four LPMs and have a dozen awesome lasers for sale -- at your 'price point'-- in Green or Blue.. fully warrantied for a year ... brand new JETLASERS lasers.
JL is one of the most reliable companies.. more JLs are owned buy members here than ANY other brand.

search-- read the reviews-- ask anybody ...JL rocks!!

jetlasers.org

I offer them at a forum discount..or order from JL if I do not have what you want..

len

howdy neighbor,im from ne texas !
welcome and get some safety glasses!
look into getting a good charger and batteries.they dont sell those items at wallmart.i suggest amazon.as for buying a laser.if you are going big,then go with these guys.then you have hand made craftsmanship with a reputation.i take real pride in my 445.i suspect years into the future,these will be worth way more than a factory production.

I need to keep in touch with all members close enough to possibly attend the next TEXLEM.
last was LOOONG time ago 2012... so we are overdue.
Not enough room or time to 'sell' TEXLEM to you--just attend and you will thank me.
Best if you can make SELEM mid aug in Newton NC.. now grown to >4 days of laser everything..lots of action in the B-S & T room.

IF you make any trips to Houston PM me and we can meet.

AFAIK we have >20 members in Tx.