Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello from Tenn.

Ceefuhs

GSS those Fasttech modules usually take a month or so? I would not mind paying a bit more for something I can get more quickly. Anyone closer sell the same thing?

GSS

There are others on ebay, whether they are the same i'm not to sure. Fasttech make 2 different sizes "which looks like they are in stock" that might make a difference in helping fit inside this AA phaser. Not the thickness but overall length and the tip thickness. One of the fasttech's has a small tip though that iv'e yet to see with other sellers.
Seth have you followed up and read about these 532's DPSS's and how they can be unstable and don't like cold weather?
A 520 green is a direct diode and loves it cold. A little more money but it's stable and bright. You have get a diode and have it mounted in a module and then get a driver for it. The good thing is you can mount the driver anywhere. It doesn't come attached to the 532's module. The only reason on your build was separate was the builder had to have taken it off for a reason. Maby for the room or for the blue LED??

GSS

I'm going to double post here as I just thought of something..
Tony the builder, changed the focus on the module in your build to spread out a the spot a little. These modules usually come focused to infinity, "tightest spot" so that has a tiny little bit do with the brightness of the beam..

Spreading the beam on a 532nm laser can have a lot to do with the visibility of the beam, depending on how spread out it is. That is easy enough to fix if you can access the outer lens with a pair of tweezers to put in the holes of the lens assembly and turn it, thus moving the lens in or out.

Reactions: GSS

GSS

Spreading the beam on a 532nm laser can have a lot to do with the visibility of the beam, depending on how spread out it is. That is easy enough to fix if you can access the outer lens with a pair of tweezers to put in the holes of the lens assembly and turn it, thus moving the lens in or out.
Paul, i'm also thinking he might focused it out by screwing the module body instead of the front lens. If you look I think thats why you see a gap at the end of the module where it's all glued??
If I remember the spot was about 3 or 4 inches at around 15 ft.

That is possible if the module is setup to do that. At 15 feet, three to four inches is quite spread out and bringing it back to a focused beam would do a lot to enhance the visibility of this beam.