Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello from Switzerland

RGB

Hello to all of you
I am a student from Switzerland interested in electronics (and of course lasers). How I came to LPF:
I wanted to start with lasers about 4 years ago, when I saw YouTube videos of people burning stuff mostly with high powered 445nm lasers (YES kipkay!). Luckily my father kept me from buying a 1W module, because I had absolutely no idea about goggles, as they are never mentioned in these videos... He than showed me one of those threads here on LPF about getting hit in the eye. If I remember correctly it was this one: http://laserpointerforums.com/f53/hit-eye-1000mw-445nm-blue-laser-69469.html
Recently I gave it another try (this time with goggles of course) and bought a 1W 445 from lazerer (for which I will be doing a review btw). So I have been reading here for a long time, and now I thought it is finally time to join.
Apart from that I also have a Laser301 (50mw 532, not really sure if 50mw but good for pointing at stars).
I have not yet done any DIY builds (I think sticking two AA cells to a 14$ Ebay 532 module doesn`t count :D)
I have to say a big :thanks: to LPF for saving my eyeballs, because many Youtube videos give the impression that not having goggles even for 1W is absolutely ok :wtf:

Last edited:

Hey RGB, welcome to LPF. It sounds like you are off to a good start and you have certainly found a good place to absorb some tribal knowledge about lasers and safety. Keep your head on straight and be humble here and you'll learn a lot in a hurry and make some great friends along the way... at least it worked for me :)

Switzerland is one of my favorite destinations across the pond. I have friends in Basel... and in Stans, Beckenreid, and Dallenwil. I attended a wedding in Stansstad that was epic and I have family in Chur. I don't know Swiss-German though, so I won't be much fun in local conversation. I speak beer and whiskey fluently, so that seemed to have gotten me by without too much trouble.

Here are some pics I took in your beautiful country... enjoy your time here and be safe!

Cheers,
Clayton

335528946_c235d46ba6_z.jpg

212219288_d6e2e72fcf_z.jpg

355168337_9c636f24ae_z.jpg

335528944_6973ca77b4_z.jpg

335528942_9d46318284_z.jpg

335533322_0794df612f_z.jpg

Hi RGB! Welcome and enjoy your stay. You will learn a lot in this forum !

RGB

Thank you all for the nice welcome :)
@KapHn8d even though I live here I still don`t get to see such things very much. I really like these pictures :kewlpics:
@Tha Greenlander yes it does, and I wanted something short and memorable... Then I was quite bewildered when I saw RGB is free.