Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello from St. Louis

Hello everyone, I have been looking at the forums for a while now and I just decided to make my first post. I have read the forum rules, most of the stickies, and the FAQs. I don't own a laser yet but I am truly fascinated by 1W 445 nm lasers and I have come up with three different designs that I like but I don't know how good they really are. And don't worry I have read the 39 reasons why not to buy from wicked lasers. The three I like are:

-Jetlasers - High power and stability PL-E 445NM 447nm blue Lasers.

-Lazerer - RIFLE 445nm - Full 1.2W Focusable Blue Laser Pointer

-O-like - Power Rock 1W Blue laser torch /Focusable/ waterproof [OL-PRBL1000] - $152.99 : Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce

I would truly appreciate anyone's' input on the companies or even better the individual lasers. I just want to make sure I get a good product.

Cheers,
Joseph

welcome.gif
to the Forum....

If you plan on buying anything on the Forum....
PLEASE read this first...

6 Steps To Prevent You From Getting Scammed

If you do get a Laser or already have one be sure
to get appropriate Laser Safety Goggles/Glasses...

BTW... you have the companies in the right order...IMO

Enjoy your stay...

Jerry

You can contact us at any time on our Website: J.BAUER Electronics

Last edited:

DTR

Another fellow member from St. Louis. Welcome aboard.:beer:

DTR

It is a tad warm but at least it is a dry warm.:rolleyes:

Haha that's true I guess. It's bearable. Hey do you know anything about the lasers or companies I mentioned in the OP?

DTR

I would suggest putting something together yourself. It will be a lot less expensive and they will be of equal or better quality. You can get a drop in module with almost no soldering and there are a ton of great hosts/heatsink kits available. Plus you won't have to deal with long shipping times and customs problems. You can look through some of my tutoirals to get a basic idea of what is involved. The tutorials are pretty much all from scratch but as I said there are some dropins and other things that cam make a build as easy as connecting two leads.:)

Thank you for the suggestion but I really just want to buy one, its not that I don't think I could put one together, I can, but it's just easier for me to buy one now. Also I like the cases that the three I mentioned come in. I will most likely make one at a later date but right now I would prefer to buy one.

DTR

If you have the funds go with Jetlasers.:beer: