Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello from Slovakia

EfoDom10

Hello everyone. I'm Dominik, I'm 18 years old an I'm from Slovakia (points for you if you know where that is ;)) I'm a noob in terms of lasers. My first encounter with lasers was about a month ago. I bought a 5mW green laser and used it to show constellations to my family and friends. So it was really stargazing that introduced me to them. I was astonished by the laser, mainly by the beam that seemed to go on forever. I wanted something more powerful so I bought a 1W blue laser from wish. It arrived yesterday and I can say that it's amazing.
I've been familiar with this forum for the past month. I used it to research before buying the 1W laser. There are things here that are nowhere else on the internet. Generally there isn't much about lasers on the internet (at least from what I've found) so I am happy this forum exists. But I had and still have some questions that I couldn't find answers to, so I registered here.
My main hobbies are gaming and reading. And I'm interested in technology in general. I guess that's it. I'm glad I can be part of this community. You've been very kind and helpful so far.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Welcome to LPF, EfoDom10! :)

Have fun, stay safe, and enjoy your stay!

Nice welcome post! Glad to have you around. There is a company called Showtacle that is in Bratislava that I've dealt with - they have been good to me. They make "laser show" hardware/software.

Like it's been said - have fun and stay safe!! That 1W can do some serious damage if proper precautions aren't kept.

Welcome to the LPF. I'm glad you have had good experiences here so far. We are a close knitted group that tries to look out for each other. Enjoy your stay and keep safe. :D

Hi, Alien Laser. Haven't seen you posting for awhile. Good to see you back.

Greetings and Welcome to LPF
I hope you enjoy this hobby as much as I have.
Please remember to stay safe and wear the correct laser safety glasses when working up close.

Hi D,
Welcome and enjoy your stay here, great introduction well done folks like these intro's here. Be safe always.

Rich:)