Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello from Santa Paula, CA

Good afternoon LPF. I stumbled across this forum yesterday looking for a green laser and all I can say is WOW I am intrigued big time. I instantly created an account here and was reading the forums for hours. I like how this hobby is soo technical I've learned a lot already.
My initial intentions were to by a laser as a visual aid when hiking and other practical uses, but now I'm already hooked. I'm thinking I'll probably purchase my first laser from (Blord) because his work looks amazing. I already planning on building a few. I have experience with electronics and soldering from R/C cars so I feel that I'll have the skills necessary I just want to fully understand the concept of the function of all the components first before I take that next step and safety obviously being the first priority. Any recommended threads would be helpful and save me some time. I'm greatful to be able to join this wonderful community and look forward to good times ahead.

Thank You,

Ronnie

Hello fellow so-cal laser enthusiast! Welcome to the forum, make sure to read stickies when you go into sections and as always, be safe and have fun!

If you ever need help, PM me and if you want some starters on a build, i would be happy to help!

Last edited:
Hi welcome from down under ...you better go get the your red and blue pairs of safety googles now you may as well be ready,when your lasers Start coming in . its starts with one laser and then you get different color then higher power and so on like any normal lol addiction

DB8088

Hey, Laserpointers. I wanted to introduce myself..my name is Doug and I've loved lasers since I was a kid. Life played a few tricks on me and I had to put aside my love of science. I've done my duty as a brother and son and now it's my turn. I'm really excited to get to know you and thanks for inviting me into your group. So far I have Wicked's Arctic, red Nano, their lenses, a green pointer I found somewhere and a 2W Chinese thing I bought before I knew who I should be buying from, lol. Thanks again, everyone!

Doug

Last edited:
Welcome to the forums! Yeah, there is a ton of info here... it's a lot to take in, but highly addictive :)

Be safe and buy laser safety goggles :) have a great time!

DB8088

Got the addictive part, Kap...LOL...I'm really looking forward to getting into the info now. Thanks for the welcome!

Hey there,

Welcome to the forums. Be sure to read over all of the rules and stickies, and also utilise the search bar as much as possible.

Enjoy your stay here, You're going to love it.

OldNo7

Good afternoon LPF. I stumbled across this forum yesterday looking for a green laser and all I can say is WOW I am intrigued big time. I instantly created an account here and was reading the forums for hours. I like how this hobby is soo technical I've learned a lot already.
My initial intentions were to by a laser as a visual aid when hiking and other practical uses, but now I'm already hooked. I'm thinking I'll probably purchase my first laser from (Blord) because his work looks amazing. I already planning on building a few. I have experience with electronics and soldering from R/C cars so I feel that I'll have the skills necessary I just want to fully understand the concept of the function of all the components first before I take that next step and safety obviously being the first priority. Any recommended threads would be helpful and save me some time. I'm greatful to be able to join this wonderful community and look forward to good times ahead.

Thank You,

Ronnie

Hi Ronnie, welcome to the forum. Your pretty close to me. I live in Ventura.

Since your taking the time to learn all the components first you might want to build a test load so you'll be ready when you get/make your first driver