Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello From Rodders2014

Hello Forum Members,

I tried to post a hello last night but nothing happened - just me and tech I guess. Therefore this is take two !

I've just signed up to your fantastic forum after finding it whilst searching the internet for laser related material.

I'm from the UK and have a kean hobby in electronics where I like to also make my own printed circuit boards (PCB). Unfortunately things are getting smaller and I'm now struggling to make my own PCBs to a high enough quality. I currently use a UV light box and printed circuit mask to expose the PCB to UV light which softens a protective layer. This can then be removed which means the copper can be eaten away in the next step - an acid bath.

I'm about to try and make an XY plotter using a UV laserpointer to directly expose the pattern onto the PCB - I'm aiming to get a 0.2mm or smaller dot size.

Hopefully I'll be able to utilise your forums expert knowledge in this project and in the course of learning about my project feed that back to you all and the wider www community. My aspiration would be to see others building a similar unit after reading my work.

thanks

Rodders

Hi and welcome to the forum! Make sure you will read all the stickies and use the search button (this helped me a lot).

Welcome to LPF. Lots of knowledgeable and helpful people here.
You will be surprised how deep the knowledge goes. Have fun and stay a while.

sinner

Welcome to LPF rodders, I would suggest changing that username every new year , 2007revolution still regrets it last i checked :na: J/k.. did i say welcome :wave: