Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello From Other Side :)

Hi Everyone. Obokash here from Northern Canada (that means a lot of restrictions on what class and what m/mv type laser). Been in to laser for a while but mostly cheap and fun stuffs.

Not sure if I'm asking the right question in right place but please correct me if wrong. Need your help and suggestion regarding the type/color best for our needs.

Me and friend of mine, owns a farm in Thailand. Where we got field, cattle, poultry and fish. It's more of a hybrid firm. One of the day to day loosing battle is fighting Rats(size of a cat), Cyotes, Foxes and tip of the iceberg Snake. Our use of chemicals is restricted due to animals and people lives in farm.

We bought a China made laser from Bangkok last year for near about THB 7,000 (USD200) was promised to expect great performance. It burns mostly anything within 5-6FT but this is it and not that of a great.

We are looking to buy something that works within 15-20 fit and powerful enough to burn/sting a Rat, Snake and Cyote, so that they don't come back. It's strictly for pest/animal control and not for fun. You guys are the best knowledgeable fellas here and i rely on your best suggestion. We will pay the person/company and they can ship it to us in Bangkok.

Please feel free to chime in and help us with your great suggestions and please point is to the right directions.

Thanks.

Last edited:

I have dealt with lasers used for pest control (geese and crows mainly) and it works more on a visual aspect than a physical burning aspect. You would have to hold the laser perfectly still and the animal would have to hold still also to give the laser time to cause any type of sting or burn.
Can you use air/pellet guns there?
Can you use live traps and then you can kill the pests and release any "good" animals you catch by mistake.
Good luck with getting rid of the Rats, Snakes, Foxes and Coyotes.

I have dealt with lasers used for pest control (geese and crows mainly) and it works more on a visual aspect than a physical burning aspect. You would have to hold the laser perfectly still and the animal would have to hold still also to give the laser time to cause any type of sting or burn.
Can you use air/pellet guns there?
Can you use live traps and then you can kill the pests and release any "good" animals you catch by mistake.
Good luck with getting rid of the Rats, Snakes, Foxes and Coyotes.

I appreciate your suggestion. It's not that we've tried that but it's not that great and accurate trying shooting a rat and coyotes in dark with a pellet/air gun. Also, don't leave a much of in impact. Don't wanna kill any animal either as they are part of the Eco system. Just burn them enough to scare them off.

To everyone, can you provide me any legit company/person info where I could buy one from. Don't wanna get any fake Chinese laser with false sticker on it.

OVNI

Welcome Obokash.

I have dealt with lasers used for pest control (geese and crows mainly) and it works more on a visual aspect than a physical burning aspect.

We had a couple raccoons come through a screen door flap we use for our cats. I chased them out a couple times yelling and stomping my feet but sure enough they would come back within 10-20 minutes.

So I waited for them by monitoring a CCTV trained on the outside of that door and before they came in again I shined/waived a decent power red laser w/o the FA+Lens on my side of the flap illuminating the whole room (had my goggles on) and didn't make any noise this time. They decided not to come in. When I looked at the camera footage I saw the glow coming from all around the flap and they took off hauling butt. Never came back.

Last edited:
hmmm racoon.... why do they want to get inside your house ? probably just to give you a friendly greeting lolz....

Welcome Obokash.
We had a couple raccoons come through a screen door flap we use for our cats. I chased them out a couple times yelling and stomping my feet but sure enough they would come back within 10-20 minutes.

So I waited for them by monitoring a CCTV trained on the outside of that door and before they came in again I shined/waived a decent power red laser w/o the FA+Lens on my side of the flap illuminating the whole room (had my goggles on) and didn't make any noise this time. They decided not to come in. When I looked at the camera footage I saw the glow coming from all around the flap and they took off hauling butt. Never came back.

Exactly... These animals are scared of fire and takes laser as a fire too. At least that we achieved with our last laser. But we had to get really close to sting them. Which is kinda ok for Rat and Cyotes but wouldn't risk with a snake.

Welcome! I've always wanted to go further north from Michigan and into Northern Canada (I love cold weather and winters here are only 4 months)!

It sounds like many of these solutions are going to be short-term, ongoing, and frustrating.

Around here, people typically use one of two options:

1) Shoot the animals and kill them (I don't endorse or do this option myself). This does present a challenge with small pests at night, as you mentioned.

2) Live trap, followed by killing them or relocating them.

I'm a HUGE fan of live trapping and relocating. Everyone wins (unless you relocate near someone else's house lol). And, besides a trip out to the woods for relocation / release, is a fairly laid back process.

Best of luck!
-jeff