Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello from northern california :)

FyH

Hey everybody, my name is Frank and I'm an alcoholic.

hehe just tryin' to break the ice :angel:

**awkward silence** Well I'm here to learn from the best of the best about lasers pointers and related. I like to tinker with things to find out how they work, and looking at some posts by jayrob has inspired me to hopefully create a frankenstein project of my own. I've had my awesome little 30mW from DX for a while but its getting weak, so I believe its time to move on to bigger and brighter things! Hah no pun intended.

I was making an attempt to order a more powerful pointer of another color, to my surprise since the time I ordered mine (2007) there has been a fairly recent FDA restriction or possibly ban on orders coming to the states.. how lame. Googling and extensive clicking of the finger brought me to this community, so here I am!

Welcome Frank... your going to love DIY laser assembly for a hobby, and on another note your going to need to prepair yourself to spend some money doing it cause once you get going on builds your going to get addicted. :)

Research first and respectfully ask your questions and you'll go far here.

welcome.gif
to the Forum....

Don't forget to read the Newcomers section and the Forum Rules...

If you looking for inexpensive Lasers you can try O-Like and RayFoss...

Jerry

Welcome to the forum! You will find much valuable information here. Read the rules and stickies and don't forget to use the search button.

FyH

Hey everyone, thanks for the replies and the heads up, I'm sure to get a feel for things in the newbie section, I'm on a vehicle forum as well so hopefully the interface is somewhat similar, and yes 'search' will be used quite heavily prior to asking. I know how it feels to start a hobby and continually pour money into it, but good looking out jander6442 that is very good info to know up front.

As far as the lasers I'm looking into at the moment, they will realistically have a price cap of $300.00~ Currently looking into blu-ray diode powered with a unique host that sets it aside from pen style, but will also consider any pen style hosts. I'd like for my next pointer to be much stronger and more visible at night, doesn't necessarily need to light things on fire, although that would be a pretty cool perk as well.

Last edited:
Nor cal as well, San Fran and Napa, If you are looking for something brighter than your Green 30mW you are going to be getting either another green, a VERY expesive blue, or a VERY expensive Orangish yellow. With your price range I would recommend getting an 8X blu-ray laser. It will be around 400mW and it will burn like a mother, The beam brightness however will not be the same. I believe there is a sticky about 405nm characteristics somewhere. Either that or get one of those nice Green Photonic disruptors from the Wickedlasers clearance sale in the B/S/T section

If you're interested I have a 50mw green in the BST section, if you want it I can drive it over to sunnyvale today :)

It's waterproof..

FyH

wow so many people here that I'm just a short drive away from! I love the community already! Hi everyone!!

I will most definitely consider the 8x blu-ray yobresal thanks for the insight, I take your word for green being the brightest and most visible, makes sense now that I look at it. Looks like the b/s/t section and I will be great friends!

If you're interested I have a 50mw green in the BST section, if you want it I can drive it over to sunnyvale today :)

It's waterproof..

waterproof laser! :drool: I obviously have much to learn!

Last edited: