Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello from NJ

Ive actually been a apart of LPF for a while now but never really posted anything. I currently have a 800mw 532nm PLE-PRO, 1000mw 445nm sky lasers and a 60mw classic pen style 532nm. Ive had a bunch of lasers throughout the past but ended up selling them all, now i actually have a job so Ive been buying some again so Hopefully I will get some cool pics up. Trying to decide on my next laser, I want it to be a pen or compact host and am leaning towards a 490nm from sanwu but i want a yellow laser really bad so i guess we'll see.

Hello, I hope you enjoy lasers as much as I know we all do and remember to always be safe.

Yellow is expensive but that 488-490nm is a great wavelength, it can appear more green or blue depending on it's surroundings and the way our brains perceive colors, everyone likes it from what I hear and I can tell you I really do, it's not a lot of power at 60mw or so but it's a decent beam and a wonderful color, maybe it's because we are so used to RGB, I bet you will enjoy it.

Here's also a good deal from what I read > https://www.ebay.com/itm/Waterproof...ash=item33ef594e9f:g:BtIAAOSwKUVbSGTs:rk:3🇵🇫0

Hello, I hope you enjoy lasers as much as I know we all do and remember to always be safe.

Yellow is expensive but that 488-490nm is a great wavelength, it can appear more green or blue depending on it's surroundings and the way our brains perceive colors, everyone likes it from what I hear and I can tell you I really do, it's not a lot of power at 60mw or so but it's a decent beam and a wonderful color, maybe it's because we are so used to RGB, I bet you will enjoy it.

Here's also a good deal from what I read > https://www.ebay.com/itm/Waterproof...ash=item33ef594e9f:g:BtIAAOSwKUVbSGTs:rk:3🇵🇫0

Ideally I would like to get the nm right in the sweet spot between blue and green. From the pictures ive seen it looks be about 490 (at least to me). I was also worried about 60mw not being bright enough, was looking more into the guardian 150mw but it is a big price jump

Indoors and at night the 60mw 488-492 is great, very pleasing and the beam is easily visible, I don't own a spectro but I bought mine from DTR and am sure it's somewhere between 488-492nm and it's doing right at 55mw

You can drive the GH04850B2G harder and get 150mw but a more substantial host than the pocket is a good idea, possibly why they don't offer it at 150mw in the pocket host, here's the GH04850B2G thread > https://laserpointerforums.com/threads/sharp-490nm-gh04850b2g-55mw-laser-diode.102603/

The only difference between the 60 mW and 150 mW versions is the current the driver is set to drive this laser diode at. I built all my handheld lasers and I do over compensate with heat sinking as I don't want my diodes to overheat. You might be able to increase the power on your handheld if you can access the driver and set it higher at 275-300 mA.

The only difference between the 60 mW and 150 mW versions is the current the driver is set to drive this laser diode at. I built all my handheld lasers and I do over compensate with heat sinking as I don't want my diodes to overheat. You might be able to increase the power on your handheld if you can access the driver and set it higher at 275-300 mA.

I will likely get another later and drive it harder, the one I have works just fine and I like it, will likely last a long time at this power.

Last edited:
Hi,
Welcome back to LPF ,
PM me if you are interested in a 490nm laser build, will build one in a 501B host custom heat sink and focus adapter , powered by one lithium ion battery. Can set the driver higher to achieve over 100mW's.

Rich:)