Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello from New jersey

Fundles

Hello my name jeff, i recently was bored and got interested in lasers again after a few years of not touching one.
I've had a few of those old bullet style red ones a long time ago, and a few years ago bought a cheap green one, my guess is it's roughly ~80mw judging by youtube videos.
So a few days ago i spent somewhere near $400 on 2x eaglepair od6 googles, 3x ebay likely 1w blues (one was advertised as 5w but im expecting all 1w), the 3 pack of ~100-200mw rgv "cheapos" from sanwu and possibly a couple other cheap things. I'm hoping to have some fun with this stuff.

Now i havent recieved anything yet so I'm playing with my 532 ~80mw and I've had to take it apart and resolder connections multiple times now over the years. One thing I've never been able to fix is the beam alignment issue. I've searched the forum and i can't quite find an answer of how to fix it. Also haven't seen anything on modding/building dpss lasers. I've somewhat taken apart the module and everything looks fine, t2he diode seems fixed to the module endcap and everything is tight but the beam comes out of the host crooked. I haven't tried adjusting the lens yet because I don't have a proper tool. Does anyone know what the likely cause of my crooked beam is? Also I'd like to adjust the lens to get a focal point outside of the host. Right now the FP is inside the host, just after the lens. Any tips?

Hi Jeff,
Welcome to LPF this is a great place to start tons of info and great folks. there's a search filed here that holds a multitude of info
I am also from Jersey.

Rich:)

Welcome to the LPF, Jeff. If your beam is off center it is likely caused by either the lens or possibly the YVO4/KTP crystal set off center.

Fundles

Thanks! After trying different key words in the search I found a thread which went over that issue. Also i guess there is no focal point without a focus lens, its just collimated and diverges? Oh well guess I'll just leave it as is.