Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello from Michigan

Hey everyone. I happen to see a story on a website about the arctic and it had me intrigued. I was about to order it, but I decided to hold off due to my inexperience with lasers. From there I started reading the other forum and then came across this one. After the price drop on WL, I ordered the sonar lunar, and have also ordered a few cheap green lasers, and another cheap blue laser. Once I feel more comfortable I will order the arctic. I have yet to order any protective glasses. I would like a recommendation to a pair if you can think of one. Hopefully for $30 or less. Hopefully something that will protect from the arctic and from the sonar as well. I have always been fascinated with lighting in general. From the red pointers when I was a kid, now to led flashlights, and also hid retrofits for cars (no the crap pnp hid kits). I haven't made my own flashlights or pointers, and I doubt I will. I really enjoy making my own headlights though.

With laser goggles, you sort of get what you pay for. The cheaper ones will offer lesser protection. There also isn't a 'one does all' either. You'll need goggles for each wavelength laser you play with. You can get some glasses that protect from multiple wavelengths but glasses that protected from them all would be completely black. :D

And welcome to the forum.

Kevlar

Welcome to LPF!!! :wave:

Look around and use the “Search” function, it is very helpful if you’re looking for some specific information. If you don’t find what you want the first time try different “key words”.

A good place to start is here, the “Rules & Stickies” section: http://laserpointerforums.com/f36/

Enjoy your stay!! You will find this a great community with lot of very knowledgeable and friendly people here. :beer:

The laser safety glasses at Dragonlasers was recommended to me by another LPF member and they work great for me. They are under $30.00 each pair and provide OD >4 rating. You can find them here: Laser Glasses - Red laser beam protection 600-740nm :: Laser Safety :: Dragon Lasers

I use those for my red (660nm) and blu-ray(405nm).

I use these for my green (532nm) and BLUE (445nm): Laser Glasses - UV to Green Lasers Protection 190-548nm :: Laser Safety :: Dragon Lasers

I appreciate all the help from everyone. I'm still concerned with WL. I really hope they arent scamming people and send me the lunar. I will see how things go, but I might order the arctic in the near future if everyone else gets theirs and it turns out to be nice.