Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello from Miami,Fl

Hey everybody,

My names Manny and ive been lingering around LPF for a while now. Finally decided to open an account and post around as ive wanted to comment on a few things for a while. Started following the site some time ago when i had a Reef Tank and was searching on how to kill aptasia and saw a video of someone burning one with a laser. Ive had a WL 90mW 532nm for a few years along with various cheap ebay ones in different colors. Most of them ive dissasembled to see what made them tick and put them back together (mostly with information ive gotten from here). Ive been dying to make my own but havnt really had funds to play with till recently (new job) so ive been looking around to see some of the builds others have done and have been getting some good ideas. Ill get around to it eventually lol.

Main things that have attracted me to the site are everyones attention to safety. Ive had a few occasions where my WL laser crossed my eye and never really put much thought into what i was doing untill i read around here. I now have a pretty nice pair of safety glasses i use whenever im experimenting lol.

Well enough about me, ill look foward to reading and commenting with you guys and definately learning more. :D

Welcome to the forum! You won't have any trouble finding laser comrades in your area. Florida is full of them.

Good luck in your laser endeavors!

Better than other things i always say... :eg:
Ive had a few hobbies thru the years and this is the one that has stuck for the longest, well other than cars. Im actually in the process of purchasing a Lathe for some other projects i have in mind. But heatsinks are definately going to be on the list. hehehe

Wow, you had a laser cross your eye at some point?

You should get that checked - seriously. Laser eye damage is nothing to "Meh" about.

I hope all is well though!

Welcome to forums and see the blue line in my signature :)

I was when i was first getting into the hobby a few years ago. Happened once or twice with the WL. Feels like getting electrocuted through the eye. Ive had my eyes checked since and im fine though but definitely a learning experience....

I took a 400mW 405 reflection dead on into my pupil for a split second. Other than some sensitivity and a headache, I was fine. I have enough retinal scarring from welding, they'd never find a laser flash.

Yea im pretty sure welding has done more damage to me then anything else. The joys of a friend welding without letting anybody else around him know... lol

welcome.gif
to the Forum.... Manny

39 Reasons NOT to Buy From Wicked Lasers

Enjoy your stay...

Jerry

Welcome to the forum chichioja2, keep reading, be sure to use the search bar, and good luck on your future projects looking forward to seeing some nice new custom heatsinks in the future.
Enjoy your stay, be safe and have fun.
Cheers, :beer:
mdubbicus

Last edited:
Heya Manny, sorry for posting on a old thread, but I too am in Miami, FL. How'd your experiment go? I just got a 2W Lucklaser (stamped with a 1.6W diode :/) laser. Meh, but ordered a 3W kit from DTR. Super stoked! Anyway, hope all is well.:wave: