Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello from Hampshire, England!

JamesD28

Hi! I'm James and I'm from Hampshire, a county on the south coast of England. For a long time I've had a keen interest in light, which started when I got into photography, but I've only recently gotten into lasers specifically. Right now I only have a 532nm 303 in my collection (+safety glasses), but I hope to buy another laser soon and build up a decent set of wavelengths. 492nm is looking very tempting at the moment 😋
Anyway, glad to be here and I hope to learn a lot. :)

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Welcome to LPF, James, and thanks for the intro. thread! :)

Have fun, stay safe, and enjoy your stay!

Welcome to the LPF. Thank you for posting an introductory thread, James. We are here to help if you need advice.

Hi there James!
Nice to meet you. Enjoy your stay and be safe! :)

Cheers,
Tero

Hi James,

Nice to see other people from the UK!

Have a look at my review on Sanwu 488nm review to get an idea of the colour. To me at first this looked more green than blue for some reason but now strangely it looks more blue than green.

I think the only logical step is to get at least Red, green, blue. Then violet. Then yellow. Heck, just get all the colours and make a rainbow.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Hi! I'm James and I'm from Hampshire, a county on the south coast of England. For a long time I've had a keen interest in light, which started when I got into photography, but I've only recently gotten into lasers specifically. Right now I only have a 532nm 303 in my collection (+safety glasses), but I hope to buy another laser soon and build up a decent set of wavelengths. 492nm is looking very tempting at the moment 😋
Anyway, glad to be here and I hope to learn a lot. :)

Welcome to the forum James. Another brit here. (y)
492 is a great wavelength, it is on the edge of green but with cyan bloom.
Just a heads up, if you after pure cyan though you need 489-491nm.
Enjoy your stay! :)

JamesD28

Thank you all for your welcomes! :)
Both look lovely, I'm not the most decisive person so I might end up buying a 488nm and a 492nm together 😛

Kaiden57

I agree with the above but since I have a 492 I would say go for the 488 for a more blue laser. The 492 is a kind of aqua/watered down green whereas I believe the 488 is *almost* exclusively* blue if you compare the 2 side by side. Thay being said I'm still very happy with my 492 and can only tell there's any hint of green in it unless its side by side a 445nm or very dark. Either way I hope you enjoy whatever wavelength you get as it is but a step on the journey to collect them all!
P.S if you get a 488 sanwu and dont like it I'll trade you my 492 for a week and we can decide if you want to trade lol 🤣 jk I love my 492 but I'm looking for a 488 sanwu so if you get one let me know how it is!!!