Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello from good old germany

Hi everybody

after some time just looking I want to say hello! I found this forum some time ago when I bought some violett diodes for another application and decided that I also want to build a nice pointer out of them. Its finished already with a drlave flexdrive and works nice. I like this forum a lot of nice ideas for own builds can be found here!
BTW somebody here from germany?

Hi andy and welcome at the LPF!

Not Germany but Austria :p...

Gruß
game

diachi

andythemechanic said:
Hi everybody

after some time just looking I want to say hello! I found this forum some time ago when I bought some violett diodes for another application and decided that I also want to build a nice pointer out of them. Its finished already with a drlave flexdrive and works nice. I like this forum a lot of nice ideas for own builds can be found here!
BTW somebody here from germany?

Were you using the other violet diodes for a scanner by any chance ? ::) There are tonnes of laser scanner related things going on in Germany all the time !

Welcome to the forums !

Diachi said:
[quote author=andythemechanic link=1230831767/0#0 date=1230831767]Hi everybody

Were you using the other violet diodes for a scanner by any chance ? ::) There are tonnes of laser scanner related things going on in Germany all the time !

Welcome to the forums !

No it was for a scientific project, but actually a scanner would be nice to build because there will be the time when staring just at the beam becomes boring and some more action is required ;D
Until now I really find this violett light beam fascinating!

Danjoo

Hi

Welcome to the Forum.

Its really nice and friendly community here.

Greetings from Bielefeld!
Where are you located?

Daniel

diachi

andythemechanic said:
[quote author=Diachi link=1230831767/0#2 date=1230848167][quote author=andythemechanic link=1230831767/0#0 date=1230831767]Hi everybody

Welcome to the forums !

No it was for a scientific project, but actually a scanner would be nice to build because there will be the time when staring just at the beam becomes boring and some more action is required  ;D
Until now I really find this violett light beam fascinating!
[/quote]

yeah beams do get boring after a bit , scanners give you some more entertainment :D

Traveller said:
[quote author=game-genie link=1230831767/0#1 date=1230844832]Not Germany but Austria...
Well, not German nor Austrian but currently enjoying this wonderful region of the world :D
[/quote]

In Vienna? Nice some of my friends moved to there. I always wanted to visit this city but had no time till now. :(

andythemechanic said:
I always wanted to visit this city but had no time till now.
No worries, you'll make it, some day - just be careful not to spend too much on ah... laser tech :p

speaking of which, how are you coming along with the hobby?

Traveller said:
[quote author=andythemechanic link=1230831767/0#8 date=1231352768]I always wanted to visit this city but had no time till now.
No worries, you'll make it, some day - just be careful not to spend too much on ah... laser tech :p

speaking of which, how are you coming along with the hobby?
[/quote]

The same problem, lack of time! And tools! :'( So far I've built 2 blurays ( one pointer, one labstyle), and a nitrogen laser which I use as pump for a dye laser. (These two will not fit into this forum, they are dangerous monsters no pointers). I like to built some blurays for my friends, cause they liked mine a lot but I want to build some advanced ones and need a lathe for this, which is quite expensive. So I am waiting for some flexdrives and think of a way to built nice heatsinks cheap.
How about you?

andythemechanic said:
...a nitrogen laser which I use as pump for a dye laser...
Ah... a dye laser?!? OMG dude... "respekt!"  :D

For scientific / research purposes or is this your line of work...?
And why BR lasers? Do you like to burn to show off the power of lasers and if so, do you prefer BR over IR or reds?

As for me, I'm just starting out... sort of. There was the time my father & I tried to set up a table for a holographic imaging experiment... Among other things, "Dad" directs a research lab & their "collection" is certainly more interesting than mine and includes an Erbium:YAG, CO2, Ti:sapphire as well as 830, 940, 980, 1880, and 1930 nm high-powered diode lasers and 544, 594, and 632 nm HeNe lasers.

Also, ziemlich stark, gel?  ;)

As for me, I've always found lasers exciting but only now am I pursuing it as a hobby on my own. First I will buy a few and learn about them in detail & what each type can do and then I will look into building my own. My first assignment is to memorize Sam's FAQ...  :p

Traveller said:
For scientific / research purposes or is this your line of work...?
And why BR lasers? Do you like to burn to show off the power of lasers and if so, do you prefer BR over IR or reds?

Just for fun! Always wanted a laser tunable over the visible, so dye laser was a must! The BR started when I bought some diodes for a friend in university. I was really impressed about all the flourescence stuff and thought of building a pointer thats how I found this side. So yes I prefer BR because of the beauty of flourescence.
Your fathers collection is really impressive but quite IR except the HeNe's. My Lab is similar, countless lasers from blue to IR, funny thing is that the light source I use most is a Xenon lamp which after coupled to a singlemode fiber gives only 4uW power. Enough for spectroscopy when you only have to illuminate objects of 200nm size ;D.

Welcome to the happiness frenzy, now peaking at a Barnes & Noble near you: Last year 4,000 books were published on happiness, while a mere 50 books on the topic were released in 2000. The most popular class at Harvard University is about positive psychology, and at least 100 other universities offer similar courses. Happiness workshops for the post-collegiate set abound, and each day "life coaches" promising bliss to potential clients hang out their shingles.

Traveller said:
Well, I have to thank you (also, danke Dir ;)) as after reading your post, I started to hunt down everything I could find on BR and florescence and long-story-short, I'm about a week away from owning one of the coolest privately-made BR lasers money can buy... :cool:

Wow nice! I like these ones a lot. Wish you happy fluorescense hunting! Try to get some uranium glass marbles these are really nice. You can see one in the first photo here: http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1231091031

Andreas