Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello from good ol' Los Angeles, CA

Hey everybody.
I've been interested in lasers for years and during some research I stumbled across LPF. For the past couple of months I have been using this site to get as much info I can (more than one guy can handle). :D With a few weeks of deciding and comparing different lasers, I bought my first high powered laser from Optotronics. Premium +150mW Green Laser Hopefully from what I learn from this site, I can successfully build my very own laser. Wish me luck! :)

Kevlar

Welcome to LPF!!! :wave:

I did pretty much the same thing. I read for hours everyday then settled on the Opto 150mw newish pen (mine came at 155mW). GREAT laser!! Love it. Then it grew from there and built a few.

Enjoy your stay!! You will find this a great community with lot of very knowledgeable and friendly people here. :beer:

Thanks :) My opto came out to be 157mw. Have been using it everyday with no problems at all. I just need to find a lens cleaner. Are there any that you recomend?

Kevlar

People use different things. Some use Q-tips and rubbing alcohol (use 90% or better), micro-fiber cloth (used for eye glasses), but I personally like the lens pen. Here's a link for one: Amazon.com: Nikon 7072 Lens Pen Cleaning System: Electronics

I've tried Q-tips but as you know, the Opto pen styles have a hard to reach lens and the Q-Tips leave peices behind and take forever for me to try and pluck out the Q-Tip remains. I'll try and find a lens pen in a store and if all else fails I'll order the one of of Amazon.