Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello from Germany

reloader45

Hello,

I am quite new with the laser and laserpointer Hobby. Until now, I have only a few low cost laserpointers from China,a nice 860 mw green Laser 8520 nm) and a 488 nm Laser with 3,5 W Output. At the Moment, i plan to build a 7W blue laser (450 nm) for engraving and a 2 W 450 nm Laserpointer.
I like this Forum, because in similar Laser Forums in Germany, you will always hear, a laser > 1mW is dangerous, nobody needs a stronger laser and so on.

What I don´t like in this Forum is the black Color of the page and some very long lists of lasers, that members own.
These makes it very difficult to me, to read the articles on this pages.

Since some minutes, I changed the Background to White, that is fine for me.

Is there any way to block this long lists?

with best regards

Edgar

Reactions: GSS

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Welcome to LPF, Edgar! :)

You can block your view of members signatures by going to your account, then to preferences, and then to content options, and there you can uncheck the "signatures & messages" box, finally hit the "save" at the bottom of the page.

Have fun, stay safe, and enjoy your stay here!

reloader45

Hello,

thank you very much for your help. I searched this site since weeks, before I decided to become a member to get full Access to the Information.

best regards

Edgar

Welcome aboard!
Lots of info to be had here. Enjoy it!

I like i here alot because everyone gets along as friends and for the most part things are pretty informal and relaxed. see you around!

Tschüss,
Hanz

Do you attend the 'Laserfreeks' gatherings ....one not long ago was in Berlin.
Sure would enjoy hearing about AND seeing
some pics

reloader45

Hello,

no, i did not attend this show. Working with Diode lasers is a new Hobby of mine and some things, I learned the hard way. (destroyed red laser diodes)

At the moment, I have two projects.

1. a 7W blue laser, I still wait for my Diode from DTR

2. a blue laser pointer with a 2 W 450 nm Diode. The metal work is almost done. I own a bench lathe and a bench mill (Optimum BF 20) since years, so the mechanical part of the laser is no problem. But I also ordered som cheap chinese flashlights to use them as laser host.

best regards

Edgar

That particular diode produces loads of waste heat when driven to produce 7 watts. Keep that in mind when you receive it and are planning a host.

reloader45

Hello,

i ordered the 7 W diode in a 20 mm Copper host. I made a heat sink from massive Aluminum 40*40 mm and milled in some cooling fins. I also added a 12 V fan. That should work.
Today I semifinshed my laserpointer. Unfortunately I killed the diode with the wrong polarity of my wiring. But I had orderd 4 cheap, used M140 diodes, because I am a beginner and shit happens. The laser is fine and the spot is tight with a chinese lense. I did not expect this.
I can take a photo tomorrow.

best regards

Edgar

reloader45

Hello,Laser1.jpglaser2.jpg

attached you can see two photos of my semifinished laser. I put it together yesterday evening for a first test run.

best regards

Edgar

reloader45

Hello,

joining this forum since four weeks, i noticed, that most of the members have no names. Is that normal for an US forum, or is it some sort of data protection?

best regards

Edgar