Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello from France

I understand that coming to SELEM would be very expensive for you.
At my first we had an attendee who flew in from the Netherlands-- 'Master PJ'
I got the opinion that his family was very able to cover the expenses.
We get a lot of members all over the US attending,,,some many years in a row.
While your 'results may differ' I was (maybe) very lucky my first 3 SELEMs to win door prizes each worth more than $500usd. The follwing 2 years I won very little--lol

There is nothing that I know where/when we get to see DOZENs of full color pjs. ANd we have full access to everywhere and that makes for an outstanding photo op. EVERYONE there signs a waiver of responsibility -- even the building janitor. It is a very dangerous place- we do not have enough time to set up to do 100% safe show(s).

so each person is responsible for their own safety.

There are other laser 'gatherings' (not all are called LEMs)
UKLEM in GB- 'Laserfeaks' in Germany. One is held on a Cruise trip and another on a Caribean island. Many in the USA-- the only attendees that are not 100% happy arrived late and/or left early so.....duh we even have a member that flies himself to North Carolina from Florida!! For gas cost he takes anyone who wants for a plane ride.
..AND drones have become very popular- many with lasers on-board.

SELEM has grown from one day to more than 5 days-- it uses a huge auditorium/theater- a big GYM and the cafeteria. I call SELEM--LaserStock= Laserpalooza- and LaserCom--lol

If you search 'SELEM LASER' you will get links to YTube vids and another laser forum where most LEMs are organized, INFo is there on every SELEM (13 so far) and other meets.. You may want to join it just for the LEM info.
I am happy to answer any questions.

peace & stay well
hak

Soub

I understand that coming to SELEM would be very expensive for you.
At my first we had an attendee who flew in from the Netherlands-- 'Master PJ'
I got the opinion that his family was very able to cover the expenses.
We get a lot of members all over the US attending,,,some many years in a row.
While your 'results may differ' I was (maybe) very lucky my first 3 SELEMs to win door prizes each worth more than $500usd. The follwing 2 years I won very little--lol

There is nothing that I know where/when we get to see DOZENs of full color pjs. ANd we have full access to everywhere and that makes for an outstanding photo op. EVERYONE there signs a waiver of responsibility -- even the building janitor. It is a very dangerous place- we do not have enough time to set up to do 100% safe show(s).

so each person is responsible for their own safety.

There are other laser 'gatherings' (not all are called LEMs)
UKLEM in GB- 'Laserfeaks' in Germany. One is held on a Cruise trip and another on a Caribean island. Many in the USA-- the only attendees that are not 100% happy arrived late and/or left early so.....duh we even have a member that flies himself to North Carolina from Florida!! For gas cost he takes anyone who wants for a plane ride.
..AND drones have become very popular- many with lasers on-board.

SELEM has grown from one day to more than 5 days-- it uses a huge auditorium/theater- a big GYM and the cafeteria. I call SELEM--LaserStock= Laserpalooza- and LaserCom--lol

If you search 'SELEM LASER' you will get links to YTube vids and another laser forum where most LEMs are organized, INFo is there on every SELEM (13 so far) and other meets.. You may want to join it just for the LEM info.
I am happy to answer any questions.

peace & stay well
hak

Thanks for all the info Len!
Unfortunately, one thing for sure is that I won't be able to enjoy it this year (for many reasons).

I know a little bit about the investment it takes to organize this kind of gathering, so I sincerely cross my fingers that you can get together and share this passion.
Afterwards, keep hope, if not this time, it will be another one!

Welcome to the Forum....
Enjoy your stay Soub..

Jerry

Thanks for the welcome Jerry!