Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello from down under!

Hi all to LPF.

I'm from Sydney Australia and joining this forum has made me more depressed about the state of import laws in Aus because of all the cool stuff we're missing out on. (MK9)

I've been on this forum for a few weeks and reading through a lot of threads about laser info and unfortunately trolls lol.

My first real laser introduction was reading an article about the arctic laser s3 (yes unfortunate i know). So I began youtubing it an came across kipkays laser flashlight mod (again unfortunate). This then led me to LPF.

My first laser was following the laser flashlight vid. Got a broken dvd burner, got an aixiz module and shoved it onto an old maglite mini. Great! Then read the forums and bought some safety goggles and stopped using the laser till I get/build a driver for it.

So I just recently bought a 18650 kit from jayrob(still in the making) and a 445 1w diode and this will be my first "proper" laser. There has been so much info on this forum its insane.

A little about me. Finishing a Computer systems engineering degree at uni, and work as a lighting director/technician for my local musical society. We have a production coming up, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat(for all you musical junkies out there) and I would love to incorporate some laser effects into the show.

I also love modding my car. Its nothing too fancy like a skyline or anything but just a toyota corolla sportivo that I love to bits.

Thanks for reading and hope to talk to you all some time

welcome.gif
to the Forum....
Don't forget to read the FAQs...the Stickies
and the Forum Rules..

It is refreshing to see a new member that actually did
some research and reading on this Forum...:gj:
If you are planning to buy anything else on the Forum....
PLEASE read this first...

6 Steps To Prevent You From Getting Scammed

Enjoy your stay...

Jerry

Last edited:

Things

We have a production coming up, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat(for all you musical junkies out there) and I would love to incorporate some laser effects into the show.

I've done some lighting tech for the same show (In QLD though), I'm sure you'll be able to squish lasers in there somewhere. Heck, I managed to squish lasers into a school musical. It can be done :p

Welcome to the forums too :)

@lasersbee, Thank you =D I have been reading through everything and this has made me appreciate and respect lasers on a different lever. I remember when I was younger and getting a <1mw red pointer with those different patterned heads. >5mw lasers are not toys haha

@Things, I'd love to put some lasers into the disco scene and perhaps the elvis scene haha. Only thing is whether the society has the budget for getting them (we're trying to replace the lighting equipment as most of it is 50 years old). Just need to do some research on how to control different laser projectors(dmx to desk or via dongle to computer, any other form of control methods etc). Still early days