Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello from Canada

damnbiker

Hi from the GTA,

I've lurdked here before and just thought I'd sign up. I have an engineering background and have worked as an engineer for about 20 years. Even though I'm more of a knuckle dragging mechanical type, I do have some experience with wiring up some basic circuits and have made more than a few LED lights when what I wanted wasn't really commercailly available. I'm kind of fascinated with the progress that LED tech has progressed over the last 10 years or so.

After doing a lot of reading and careful consideration I think I want a beefy 5W laser as my first purchase. JUST KIDDING!

I'm a bit if an outdoor enthusiast and enjoy camping hunting and stargazing...which is a bit of what brought me here.

The only laser pointers currently in my house belong to my cat, but I'm planning on changing that in the near future. I figured this would be a good place to ask some questions.

Hi,
Welcome to LPF many fine folks here and always willing to help. Weals have a search bar for the forums info .
Enjoy your stay and be safe, By the way nice intro post we like that , Its called getting to know our members better.
Rich:)

damnbiker

Hi,
Welcome to LPF many fine folks here and always willing to help. Weals have a search bar for the forums info .
Enjoy your stay and be safe, By the way nice intro post we like that , Its called getting to know our members better.
Thanks Rich, glad to be here!

Hi,
yes--appreciate your welcome thread..

One of the best.

LPF needs new members-- so please make yourself at home..
If you need more help than just the search, stickies or turtorials --ask any vet.
The 'tuts' by DTR are a great place to start.. step by step.. and he has the parts you need..

I suggest you 'run by us' first, any new lasers you want.. buying directly from a forum members is smart. A good set of eye protection is a wise investment-
They need to protect you from the lasers you are getting first- not all protect all wavelengths.- & they ones that cover most are very expensive. "Survival'' has well priced eyeware.

best
hak (Houston)

gazer101

Just saw this now, its good to know another LPF member is in the area. Welcome to LPF!