Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello from Canada!

I am so glad to find this forum.

I unfortunately found this forum after I ordered some $5 laser googles from banggood

I reorder better ones from survival laser.

I am looking to make a 2.5w laser engraver.

Welcome to the LPF, Granter11. There are many nice and knowledgeable people here who’ll be happy to listen and to help you whenever possible. You should also use the Search button on the bottom of each page to access our extensive database with information about all things laser. Our chief concern is safety, so always protect yourself and others. Be sure to use proper vision protection, and never point a laser at any living thing. I assume you’re new to using lasers, as $5 goggles are extremely insufficient when exposed to very powerful outputs like 2.5W. Lasers are wonderful and fascinating devices, but also dangerous. Please learn as much as possible before attempting to construct an engraver, and always remember to be laser safe. Take Care. :D

-cd

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Welcome to LPF, granter11! :wave:

Have fun, be safe, and enjoy your stay!

Good choice on choosing Survival Laser for your protective eyewear. :yh:

Welcome to the forum! :beer:

As always, make sure to get some safety gear like glasses and since you're new; to get into the habit of using the search function as it's a godsend for quick info!

Hi!
I'm new myself. I see you ALSO have Googles! I had that in my intro too. :) I have two pairs of Eagle goggles from Survival Lasers myself. I have learned a lot here. The search at the bottom of the page has helped immensely.
I would also stick to the recommended vendors-and NOT get a laser until you have a good pair of goggles.