Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello, from California!

BOWSER

Well hello there,
It's nice to see a collaborative, welcoming, and intelligent community. Thank you for having me. I joined after doing research on lasers and was intrigued not only by the wealth of information present but the people that are here. I have some interesting projects on my plate that involve lasers and solving those problems are always easier when you talk to the right people.

For those interested I'm a college student investigating the use and feasibility of lasers in the agricultural industry for his senior project.

Thank you for your bit of time, I hope you have a wonderful day!

Welcome to the LPF. I can't help you with agriculture and the use of lasers as I have not seen anything done to affect the growing of plants using lasers. Really can't see a cost effective way of doing that at all. The sun is still our best friend in agriculture.

BOWSER

Ah, the laser's aren't feeding the plants, I can't compete with that supply and demand problem; mr. ol Sol always wins that game.
I'm busy researching, trying to figure out how to manage drivers and heat; DTR has been great communicators thus far.

We got a good laugh when a new member said he was working on a laser that would zap weeds and not the grass..... lol

We might have more members in Cali than any other state. 'IF" you had placed your location in this thread's title you would meet more of them (so 'edit' and add your 20 or make a new intro.)
We DO allow members to make 'double threads' only in this section (in case you cannot edit your OP)

welcome

Coonie

Gee wiz isn't it enough that he made a welcome thread? You gotta nitpick his details? There's no reason for him to make a second welcome thread (since when was this allowed anyway)... Come on now