Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello from Berlin

moodo

Hello everyone, I'm moodo, mech. engineer from Berlin. I've had some 'industrial' laser experience in the past as well as some (bad) experience with cheap china laserpointers. Everytime I went to Asia, I bought a couple of those crappy 301, 303... lasers for me an for friends.

But now I want to start with 'real' lasers what brought me here...

I just ordered safety goggles and some more 18650 batteries. But when it comes to lasers I'm asking you to help me. I'm interested in a good quality green laser at first with about 1W. Can you please give me some suggestions?

Thank you so much!!!

moodo

diachi

Hello everyone, I'm moodo, mech. engineer from Berlin. I've had some 'industrial' laser experience in the past as well as some (bad) experience with cheap china laserpointers. Everytime I went to Asia, I bought a couple of those crappy 301, 303... lasers for me an for friends.

But now I want to start with 'real' lasers what brought me here...

I just ordered safety goggles and some more 18650 batteries. But when it comes to lasers I'm asking you to help me. I'm interested in a good quality green laser at first with about 1W. Can you please give me some suggestions?

Thank you so much!!!

moodo

Welcome! :D

I assume you're looking for something handheld/portable? Good choices in that case would either be LaserBTB or Sci-Fi Lasers. It'll need to be 520nm, there aren't really any 532nm portable units that make 1W.

If you want to build your own you can get a diode/housing from DTR Laser ( A member here, google for his web store! :) ) and a host from Survival Lasers. There are a bunch of other options for hosts too, just take a look in the buy/sell/trade section!

moodo

Welcome! :D

I assume you're looking for something handheld/portable? Good choices in that case would either be LaserBTB or Sci-Fi Lasers. It'll need to be 520nm, there aren't really any 532nm portable units that make 1W.

If you want to build your own you can get a diode/housing from DTR Laser ( A member here, google for his web store! :) ) and a host from Survival Lasers. There are a bunch of other options for hosts too, just take a look in the buy/sell/trade section!

Thanks a lot for your suggestions! DTR Laser has really a nice selection of components, I think I'll go with this: "NDG700 700mW 520nm Diode In Copper Module W/SXD Driver & G-2 Glass Lens".
I have dozens of flashlights here, I think I'm gonna get everthing out and try to install the laser components.

Anything to consider?

diachi

Thanks a lot for your suggestions! DTR Laser has really a nice selection of components, I think I'll go with this: "NDG700 700mW 520nm Diode In Copper Module W/SXD Driver & G-2 Glass Lens".
I have dozens of flashlights here, I think I'm gonna get everthing out and try to install the laser components.

Anything to consider?

The only thing I can think of is to make sure you can get a heatsink for whichever host you decide to use. There are some people on here who will custom machine things, but it's easier to get something more common that doesn't need to be done custom.

I'm not the best builder out there, at least not when it comes to portable stuff! I just know where the components are at. I imagine someone else will chime in shortly with some other tips! :)

moodo

Thank you all for your warm welcome :thanks:
I think I'm gonna use my old flashlight hosts... In case I'll need a bigger/smaller heatsink I've access to a friends lathe. Thanks for helping me!
If I find time, I will document the progress here, perhaps with a few questions :thinking:

Be sure to tell your friend that the laser module is 12x30mm so make a 12mm wide by 30mm long hole and a Setscrew about 4-40 will do.

Btw, thanks and welcome.

Last edited:
welcome to the forum!!! since you have a lathe, i can't wait to see what you come up with. I've went to Germany before, and as i know you guys are unbeatable when it comes to Medicine, Engineering, and other industrial stuff.

i might pm you to get us some 488nm O$Ram Diodes.......:evil:

Welcome to the forum hehe i lived in Germany for 9y i have still family in germany