Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello from a returning member!

Ice-Noise

Hello guys and gals, It has been a long time! I hope everyone is well!
I was IceNoise before but I can't access the old account so time to start again.

I recently bought a 301 and 303 532nm from ebay to get back into the hobby on the cheap. They are my first lasers with 18650 batteries and i like them a lot.
I also have a cheap 405nm in an old rayfoss host.

In the past i have built a driver board (LM317?) and harvested a couple of diodes from dvd burners.

I have to say its great to see such a wide range of wavelengths available now at decent prices. Loads of nice looking blues! :D

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Welcome back Ice-Noise, as already mentioned, you've picked a good time to get back into the hobby! :)
There are a lot more wavelengths, and much higher output powers available now.

Have fun, stay safe, and enjoy your stay.

Edit: It looks like you've been a member since 2009, you could probably contact Avery by PM if you want to keep your old name.

H Welcome back you sure missed a lot being absent , time to get back and enjoy all the new stuff

Rich:)

Welcome back to the LPF. Yes, we do have many more diodes available to us now. I hope you can find some to build with that will be enjoyable for you.

Ice-Noise

Thankyou all for the warm welcome! I did indeed join way back in 2009.
Family life is keeping me very busy but i will be about when I can!