Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello! Figured I'd greet everyone before jumping to all the questions I have

howdy, everyone:D

Brand new user here, I am super stoked to have found this community :thanks:

Background: I am a 22yo costume maker from Ohio. I have recently become very interested in broadening my use of lights in costumes.

I've been quietly scouring all the old threads and using the search button excessively to work out my questions on my own but I had to give in. I'll very soon be posting a thread asking all you wonderful people for your help :bowdown:

well I'm off to try and learn a little bit of basic terminology before delving into my personal questions, I hope to get to know some of you soon!

Welcome fellow Buckeye- why not add your location in your profile. That way every time you post readers will know you are 'Round on the ends & HI in the middle' lol (very old ohio joke.)

I have a good friend that is working on some dance things involving lasers too. Of course the dancers will all be wearing eye protection--one thought was using some of those disposible white(Tyvec) paper suits- maybe adding some dayglo to them- which when hit by 405nm would really make them 'pop' OR using some GITD paint which would also have a nice look with 405nm( think blacklight on 'meth' bright)

We also saw some dancers(0n TV) with very long 'poles' in each hand with a light weight fabric(triangular-shaped) which they 'waved' and the look was neat.( thin 'lace' would work well) WE both thought --how cool would that be with 'Lumia' lasering on these.. Good luck with your ideas and we await some pics of what you end up doing.

hak

Last edited:
Ooo hi oh hi oh! Round on the ends, hi in the midle! Ah I loved that song!
Back to the thread, a warm welcome from the state directly west! Hakzaw mentioned 405nm lasers, if you want fluorescent or glow in the dark parts. Those lasers are relatively small and you don't really need high powers for what was mentioned, so heat dissipation shouldn't be a big problem, in case your reading makes you think that.

I'm sure we here would be happy to answer any questions you may have, it seems you're one of the rare new members who actually researches first.

Enjoy your stay here!
-Z

Welcome to LPF your in a good place. Glad to get new mature members from looking to use lasers in whole new ways safely.