Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello everyone at LPF!

So I've been a member for a few weeks, asked some questions, answered some, but never actually introduced myself :) Anyways, I'm Kyle toth, 15, from Lindsay Ontario, born in toronto, lived there for 9 years, then moved. I miss it there though. I'm interested in mountain biking, trying to get into Dj'ing, and my PSP. I've been interested in lasers, all my life, but never understood them up until last year, and thought things like green lasers could burn stuff, reds couldnt, there was only 1mW reds and 5mW greens. I also had no clue what nm meant :p I'm trying my best to pick up info, with lasers, I've only had 1mW and 5mW reds, 5mW greens, and a >200mW red coming monday from rayfoss.com.
As for building, I cant seem to understand it, but now its starting to seem easier, with drivers, and all. Theres nothing more fun than walking down a busy street at night with a green laser with everyone whispering "Whats that? did you see that? thats awesome" as Its hard to get green lasers around here, if at all. Anyways, I hope to get to know some more of you better :) Thanks alot LPF!
P.S also if anyone would like to get to know me better, just mail me at Kylefrikkentoth@hotmail.com. thanks! :)

Last edited:

Well Howdy Kyle and welcome to the forum ! :wave: you are off to a very good start here ! have fun and be SAFE you are entering a world where sight can vanish real quick, but also where thing are more beautiful and spectacular with colors like you never seen befor. :cool:

Peace All...

Welcome to the form Kyle.
Always read the free sticky's then read some more.

let's us know how you like that 200Mw rayfoss.

Doin't forget the pic's (Review?)

Yeah, I'm going to post a review on this laser... Trust me, I'm going to do some really crazy and insane (But safe) experiments with this laser :) So I'll get my digital camera out on monday! :p

cust11

Hi Kyle! I was also born in Toronto >.> (no one on here knows that) and now I live in the butthole of Kentucky :D.
Welcome to the forums! Don't let building a lased intimidate you at all. It is very, very simple. As long as you have decent soldering skills and some basic building common sense you will do fine.

-Mike

welcome.gif
to the Forum....

You'll find a lot of knowledgeable members here that will help you just
for the asking... (don't forget to do some research first...:whistle:)
BTW... I would suggest you get yourself some Laser Safety Goggles
for that 200mW Red Laser that's on it's way to you.:yh:

Jerry

Yeah. I was actually wondering where I could get some cheap red laser goggles, or combo goggles... Any suggestions? :p